The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Nightmare Continues.....but at least Im having fun lol

Suprash

Well, in a bid to actually get a working car this year, and in a bid to try and get something working for Suprapod, Im busy on the car building bandwagon again :(

But its not all :( as Im happily enjoying doing some hands on stuff myself this time :D

After it seems my NA block died a death of drowing by oil, I thought it not worth trying to fix what ever is wrong with that block (compression and seals) and have got hold of another NA block, thanks Keron ;)

Im planning on putting a thicker headgasket this time to help the compression more, plus the head will get a clean up providing my mate goes all anal on me. This time this block will stand up to being turbo'd.

So Thursday I started to disconnect everything. Unbolted the prop and gearbox mounts, then removed all the IC piping, rad etc, disconnected all the wiring loom and other bits and pieces, and then yesterday, after a bit of gentle pursuading I managed to wriggle her free, which was bloody hard work on your own, trying to roll an engine crane with a lump and box on it up a slight incline was, well, challanging. The incline is very slight, totally didnt think about it before hand, but then realised my 11 stone frame wasnt going to win so had to come up with a few inventive ways of coaxing the crane backwards, then gave up and decided it was easier to roll the car back away from the crane/lump/box lol.

I need to get a thicker headgasket ordered, but does anyone know what mm I need ? Or who supplies these ?

Next is to start swapping everything over, clean the head up, new head/cam gaskets, along with cam belt.

good luck mate, fingers crossed you make suprapod i would like a nose around it.

would a tt headgasket be suitable? if not i know the boostlogic headgaskets are good for the na-t

Someone did ask me this, forget to ask ?

Any idea on price for the boostlogic gasket ?

No you need the thickest gasket you can get, an HKS 2mm will be the one although it is completley the wrong way to drop compression it is the best at the moment, all your squish will get f****d up dude!!!;) Don't throw to much ££££££ at it as we are going the route we said the other day.

11 STONE!!!!!!!! You must have had a rucksack on full of rocks.:blink:

No you need the thickest gasket you can get, an HKS 2mm will be the one although it is completley the wrong way to drop compression it is the best at the moment, all your squish will get f****d up dude!!!;) Don't throw to much ££££££ at it as we are going the route we said the other day.

11 STONE!!!!!!!! You must have had a rucksack on full of rocks.:blink:

Ha....fuck off :p Ok, Im not quite 11, but couldnt be arsed to write 10 and a half, but unlike you, I carry the bulk of my weight in my other places not seen ;)

Im not planning on spending much on it mate, wish I could, just trying to get something that holds together for the last round and Suprapod. My mate who works at an autofactors has got me a cam belt (£20) and will get me the cam gaskets too, so again small change hopefully for those too.

Then its just the what ever I need to spend the headgasket, which even that Im struggling to fund atm this month, Gav might have to cover fuel to Pod at this rate :( But hell, I can live on beans on toast for a year, if it means I get to skid and live the never lift off life ;)

Dude HKS gaskets are something crazy like £250, I think the stock one is 1.2mm the return may not be worth it, it seemed to make plenty of power at low boost I would concentrate on better injectors.

Can we not get replica unkown brands ? Even injectors Im struggling to sort atm :( unless someone buys my kevlar plated Southbend clutch and lightened flywheel, know anyone John ?

Looks like the headgasket might have to go then....just hope there was something fundamentally wrong with the block you sold me otherwise this one is gonna go the same route ? You say it makes plenty of power at low boost, but how much stress is that causing the block, surely thats the question here ? Not the power its making ;) It could be making 600, but if the compression is just too much, then it'll just die again surely ?

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)

Can we not get replica unkown brands ? Even injectors Im struggling to sort atm :( unless someone buys my kevlar plated Southbend clutch and lightened flywheel, know anyone John ?

Looks like the headgasket might have to go then....just hope there was something fundamentally wrong with the block you sold me otherwise this one is gonna go the same route ? You say it makes plenty of power at low boost, but how much stress is that causing the block, surely thats the question here ? Not the power its making ;) It could be making 600, but if the compression is just too much, then it'll just die again surely ?

The power is not the problem dude the crank etc is all the same as a TT, if it does not det then there willbe no problem and the injectors will stop it detting.

How about I just pop round yours tonight and we'll make a cuppa amongst things, go sit in the shed and smoke, I mean talk things over :D

Yeah, go for it :) I'm attempting to fit the seats today and burning through drill bits, snapped one and it shot in to my knee so had to pull it out :blink:

while you havre the motor out why not throw a set of tt pistons i it mate and stay with the stock h/g , this will be the best way to lower comression.

This is the plan dude.......;)

Looking forward to meeting you at Suprapod, I was even considering calling out to you for a NA-T drag run, but then realised Im skint and Im still on a reduced rev limit lol, nothing like the car making you work hard :D

So in a very continouse bid to get the car ready for next weekend, I have been progressing the car pratically every day. As I have never actually pulled an engine/box out before, or remove a gearbox from the block, even removing hubs and extending the stearing rack things are taking me a little longer then hoped, but its been good progress.

So to start things off with a quick shot of my super hi-tech, luxurious garage I took this :D

As you can most things have now been swapped over to the new block on the left, all thats left to do is get the gearbox on, swap the sumps, connect up the turbo oil lines, fit the cam cover gaskets, remove the front pully wheels and swap them over and thats it, then I need to order a new headgasket and the injectors so the last few thousand can be mapped.

Today I took the hubs off and took them to a mate who shorted the arm that they track end connects to, to stop going over centre. Then I spaced the stearing rack out by 5mm each side and re-fitted the modified hubs.

Does anyone know if the lock stops are inside the rack or on the hub ?

Modified...

Stock lock....

Extended lock...

Stock lock on the grey one behind...

Thats some lock you got there, but my worry would be the amount of strain on the wheel trying to push the wheel back into the rear of the wing.

She dont rub on the insde arches at all ?? She hits the stops, but I cant for the life of me work out where are they are lol ?

She dont rub on the insde arches at all ?? She hits the stops, but I cant for the life of me work out where are they are lol ?

Surely the stops are in the rack, its getting to the end of the pinion??

Also, as dude said, 11 stone my arse.. even 10 1/2 is bull, you, pencil boy, cannot possibly weigh more than me.. and be shorter!

You got the box off then? was it the way we talked about on the phone?