The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear fog light 21w bulb, any good?

Wyntersun

I have my rear fog light located in the right hand reverse light. Currently have one of these in it. http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u38215r-stop-light-p-1817.html

I looks bright enough, but im not totally sure as the LED's point upwards and not reflecting the light the best it could do.

Is it worth going for this to replace it with?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330439715953&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1708wt_913

Thanks

Anyone ever tried these? It could be the solution to the Supra's pointy-upie rear bulbs.

I did think about that bulb Mawby, but I wasn't sure if it was too long for the space inside the lens. Also wasn't sure if it would be bright enough as it doesn't state how bright it is.

The LED in mawby's link would probably be as bright (or even a little brighter) than a conventional 21W bulb. It draws almost 4 times the current as the LED in the link in the original post, which makes it around 2.9W. As a very rough guide, a 2.9W LED will have a similar light output to a 29W conventional bulb.