The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside overfenders who sells them?

safcdixon

hi everyone, Veilside overfenders who sells them im looking to push my wheels out with spacers as they dont quite fill the arch i fiited spacers at the weekend but never drove the car til yesterday when i took it for its MOT and any little bump tore into my tyre a little bit, my car has a veilside kit so these would be ideal, any ideas?

I'm having some fitted now mate, up at Jurgen's, can take a look if you want, they are being riveted on, tigersealed and then blended in. Depending on wheel size and how much your car is lowered at the back it may need the arches cutting/rolled to get the wheels in too.

They look wicked mate they give the car alot more width and presence so if they just rivot on did you get them smoothed in with filler because they look like they are

It's all blended yeah. As well as the rivots, they get stuck on with some form of adhesive (not sure what).

The wheels are 19's. 12" wide at the rear.

The do-luck and Veilside arches normally come with some nice screws to hold them on, a lot of work needs doing to get them to sit nice on the panel but when they do fit there is no need to stick them on the panel, they are so diff in shape you may as well make a feature of them, the only reason to use filler is to avoid seeing the screws.

Yeah my rx7 they were just screws and they weren't blended n they looked the bollocks, I wouldn't mind havin A look at yours aman or maybe some pics?

Yea sure mate, as I said it's still at the bodyshop at the moment but once it's all done and back I'll put up a thread with pics in mate. I think we're sorting a meet for sometime in August which I'll be at too.

I got 60mm overfenders, do bear in mind you need some huge wheels to fill the arches otherwise it won't look right. Spacers do the job but won't look as good from behind.

I prefer the moulded look but I really like the rivot look too, will decide when I buy the arches off dude, yeah would be up for a meet like mate, I think the wheels are 10s or 10.5 not certain I already have the spacers so if it don't look quite right from behind it's something I can deal with for now

I prefer the moulded look but I really like the rivot look too, will decide when I buy the arches off dude, yeah would be up for a meet like mate, I think the wheels are 10s or 10.5 not certain I already have the spacers so if it don't look quite right from behind it's something I can deal with for now

You have decide whether you want something that looks in-keeping with the car and flow (blended) or something that looks like it's a body kit add-on (not blended).

People that don't know supra's think that the arches on mine are standard, which is the effect I want. It you want people to think that they're a body kit part, then don't blend them :)

And to ensure the line between the stock fender and the VS arch is smooth. Depends on what you're after though.

Matt did the wheels fill the arch well and can I ask if the car was lowered? I had a real problem with my old supra because it was so low, yours looks a good height.

Also, with filler is there a risk it could crack etc if you go over a big bump?