The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec

jackso11

I know I can't point any fingers or put a link to the ad, but people have talked about it already today. In case you were thinking of buying the 2000 model UK spec car that is advertised somewhere (no names mentioned). Here is the answer as to how a 2000 year car is UK spec.....

'Yes this car is a uk model, I can use the V5 and hpi check to prove this. Toyota themselves did not officially release supra details. Allot of the knowledge around surpas is hearsay nothing official.'

So Toyota must have just made the one for UK market that year. :blink:

The company that cannot be named is full of shit. No point in asking them anything, they are clearly clueless.

It has UK spec bits and bobs... that's it.

If you want to continue ask them the year on the seatbelt tags, or why it isn't a VVTi engine ;)

I am not going to leave anymore details, I am sure people can guess what car it is. I think its the only UK spec W reg non vvti supra toyota ever made!

Yes, but Mr Toyota always throws in an oddball with all his cars. Remember the Mr2's that had the flux capacitor??

H.

It was probably imported in 2000, dvla messed up a few times, it been covered many times, unless its a 2000 facelift, on pre 1996 plates, but thats not possible becuase its under yr 2000, its not dodgy, just a dvla mistake.

A mod has asked us to stop, so IBTL.

If the car is for sale under a false pretense - being a UK model from 2000 - then I'd call it dodgy.

Well im guessing hes using the info, from his v5, that the dvla issued, his supra isnt the first to have this problem. I saw a prefacelift auto, in silver 1995-6 registered as a 2000 uk model, it was imported in 2000.

Without incurring the wrath of the mods, how would a new member or potential buyer find out about the history of this car. I have just tried to find the original sale thread for this car and it will not allow me to view the page even though there is a valid link in one of the threads.

Other cars that I know have sold on this forum still haver the sale threads available, eg the TRD 3000 that Jurgen sold. The car in question was sold after this so I am confused/interested/nosey delete as appropriate...:D

Surely we have a duty of car to fellow members to have the history of this car available to anyone who wants to search for it??

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

As a few have stated it's a 96 Jspec facelift cross-over model (meaning facelift exterior and interior but non-VVTi engine). 100% jspec but with a UK bonnet scoop and UK front lights. Everything else was factory or retro-fitted.

One of the rear wheels has a different offset and width to the other.

If it's up for more than £7.5k it's more than it sold for. And with that, this thread is closed because it concerns a certain trader that is not allowed to advertise anything for sale on this forum due to their misleading adverts and legal threats against the club administrators.