The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active Spoiler Problem

Guest Jonny L

Guest Jonny L

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my active spoiler. Sometimes not everytime when you first start the car after a minute say the active spoiler go's up and down intermittently and the handbrake light (!) illuminates as though there is a problem. Is there a sensor that that might be broke.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

John

Sounds like there is a wire shorting somewhere, it *may* have something to do with the speedo conversion, as the spoiler is speed sensitive. Other guess is fault with either the button, spoiler control unit or bad connection to either. The control unit for the spoiler is mounted above the stereo, behind the dash panel.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I think its a speed controller related issue, you will find that when driving it also plays up making the warning light come on...can be unnerving!!!

The simple, cheap and effective short term solution....turn it off :)

Guest Jonny L

Hi guys, the car is a uk spec so it was fitted as standard. It is very intermittent but usually only occurs when the car is idling or at low speeds, or sometimes not at all. How will I find out if is the control unit? and are the expensive to replace?

John