The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bumper spray cost? or recommendation?

Guest Suprastar2009

Guest Suprastar2009

Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of aquiring a Blitz rep front bumper for the Supra, only thing is I would like it spraying before I get it, I will be couriering my front splitter to the gentleman in question and in return he will be couriering me the bumper, only thing is im thinking might aswell get it courierd to a body shop on route, im looking for expected costs and any recommendations or anyone willing to do it :D My car is gloss red

£10-15 sand papers

£20-25 grey primer

£20-30 half litre super red

£20-30 half litre lacqer

£10 for 1lt thinners (used to clean gun also)

£5 for degreaser

£20 for some compound

£ polish

get a gun and compressor borrowed if you can and do it yourself!!!:D

Guest Suprastar2009
I can recommend someone, BUT he won't do it free.. he is local to newbury/basingstoke

Thankyou , I dont want free could you get a price for me?

Thankyou

Guest Suprastar2009
£10-15 sand papers

£20-25 grey primer

£20-30 half litre super red

£20-30 half litre lacqer

£10 for 1lt thinners (used to clean gun also)

£5 for degreaser

£20 for some compound

£ polish

get a gun and compressor borrowed if you can and do it yourself!!!:D

If only I had your patience and optimism evinX, Im really not confident enough I tried a little bodywork a few years back on an old car and .... well it was a little tang really. :)

Guest Suprastar2009

No answer from SupraLoopy yet :( so any other suggestions guys really keen to get this delivered to the person who will be doing the spraying ASAP

Guest Suprastar2009
Id normally charge between £120-£150 for an aftermarket Supra bumper.

How much would you charge to spray a blitz replica in gloss red, the bumper is prepared and primered in white primer. Also what would be your extra charge for meshing and fitting?

Thankyou

How much would you charge to spray a blitz replica in gloss red, the bumper is prepared and primered in white primer. Also what would be your extra charge for meshing and fitting?

Thankyou

Im not really sure how much I can talk about this sort of thing on here as im not 100% on the rules regarding discussing services without being a trader or approved hobbyist.

if everything was supplied then the costs wouldnt go above what ive already mentioned.

cheers

Im not really sure how much I can talk about this sort of thing on here as im not 100% on the rules regarding discussing services without being a trader or approved hobbyist.

if everything was supplied then the costs wouldnt go above what ive already mentioned.

cheers

nar you need to pm mate as your not a approved trader or hobbyist. just thought i would let you know before the scary mods jump on you

nar you need to pm mate as your not a approved trader or hobbyist. just thought i would let you know before the scary mods jump on you

cheers buddy, I will apply later on in the year once people get to know me but I will keep it off the main forum in future.

Thanks

Guest Suprastar2009
i had my top secret sprayed for £60.family friend that works as a sprayer in an accident repair garage.

Does that mean I have to make him friends with my family, before hell do it for £60? My mum makes a nice pie if hes interested :D

Guest Suprastar2009
Pm'd back but I'm way to expensive.. ;0)

Thankyou for getting back to me, Ive had a much better quote yes, but I'm not instagating that your expensive just not as competetive, but hey if you can get that much than fair play to you my friend :)

Thankyou for getting back to me, Ive had a much better quote yes, but I'm not instagating that your expensive just not as competetive, but hey if you can get that much than fair play to you my friend :)

After having lots of experience with after market fitment/prep I'd rather not do it for the quotes I've seen you getting. No offence taken and I hope you get it sorted.:)