The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Repair stock bumper.

The Raven

I can plastic weld! 1" crack? where abouts on the bumper is it?

Get some fine mesh from halfords, turn the bumper around, get a solder iron, cut a peice to the shape of the crack, put it against the plastic, use the hot iron to basically sink the mesh into the plastic fully, then get a old takeaway tub, crack it up, light it and let the plastic drip all over the area you just pushed the mesh into, then grind the front, skim some filler over it, and your done!

Body shop will rip you of though.

I can plastic weld! 1" crack? where abouts on the bumper is it?

Get some fine mesh from halfords, turn the bumper around, get a solder iron, cut a peice to the shape of the crack, put it against the plastic, use the hot iron to basically sink the mesh into the plastic fully, then get a old takeaway tub, crack it up, light it and let the plastic drip all over the area you just pushed the mesh into, then grind the front, skim some filler over it, and your done!

Body shop will rip you of though.

This sounds like a laugh!

:D

This sounds like a laugh!

:D

Dont believe me then, that how i did some bumpers recently and they can take some good stress now, seriously, once that mesh sinks into and over the crack/plastic, then seal it ontop, that crack wont reappear. trust me mate i wouldnt lie.

Dont believe me then, that how i did some bumpers recently and they can take some good stress now, seriously, once that mesh sinks into and over the crack/plastic, then seal it ontop, that crack wont reappear. trust me mate i wouldnt lie.

No i mean it sounds fun to do, not that i dont belive you mate.

I am willing to bet good money i get more burning plastic on my hand than the bumper

Yea 4 out of 10 fingers got welded LOL, after a few days the plastic just drops of though:rlol: painfull but real fun! go for it, £2 for the mesh, £4-5 for the filler, £2.50 for wet and dry, get some 120 and 400, and 1000 and a can of primer, thats all you need, and a sanding block:)