The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pistonbroke's Sparkplug cover

Rob_Mitchell

well some of you will recognise the pics but unfortonately the covers pickled and the paint micro blistered.

so i have come to the rescue to re-do the cam covers, fuse box cover and relay cover.

were keeping with the same 'go faster stripes' but doing them in a sparkling aluminium and instead of black he chose a nice sparkling blue.

ill update the thread as we carry the work out, it might help others when it comes to doing there own.

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Spark plug cover.... what paint did he origianally use. I remember the thread, they looked good. So did they fry in the end :D you would need a decent VHT paint as it gets very hot around the cover

he used a cocktail of stuff from halfrauds, tbo he did a really good job and as mentioned in his thread he is no pro at it so fair play to him.

not going with a vht paint just going to re do them in 2k, never had any problems before. i think the plastic primer he used is the problem and its caused a reaction plus the gold which was on there before was not 100% keyed or flated down.

Ooohh, nice. :cool:

Yes, I'm an amateur, and yes I take the blame. however, in my defence. I've sprayed my dash in both supras I've owned and they both came up good. I blame the ogrish gold paint that was on there before :D

i thought you did a good job, but yeah i think the gold is to blame mate.

Looks good mate :thumbs: What about the lettering being silver? although might be too much with the silver lines as well.

Going to attack mine soon to tidy things up. Will be very similar to how i did before, but i'm tempted to remove the lettering completely, apart from the 2JZ bit. Seems silly it saying two way twin turbo being a single :) I presume using a Dremel would be best for this?