The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£30 to anyone willing to help.

Guest Suprastar2009

Guest Suprastar2009

Hi Guys I am currently based in the Newbury area and am looking for someone to come and carry out an Oil and Filter change on the driveway, I have the parts just not the confidence to do it, so if anyone is interested and can help then the £30 is yours :)

Guest Suprastar2009

Hello everyone, just wanted to say a massive thankyou to Graham S and JustGav for coming down lastnight, another hour of searching and still no soldering iron though :( ah well down to dad's on saturday it is. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you both at the Pod.

Hello everyone, just wanted to say a massive thankyou to Graham S and JustGav for coming down lastnight, another hour of searching and still no soldering iron though :( ah well down to dad's on saturday it is. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you both at the Pod.

Yup, make sure you do your warning lights, it isn't a difficult job and is VERY worthwhile :)

If you don't come right, let me know and you can pop over one evening and I'll quickly do it.

Its easy mate, there must be a guide on here.

Sump plug out, drain, leave open for ages to let it all out.

plug back in (remember the gasket washer and chage it if its bust, should be fine though)

take off the old filter. I have since been told it is easy to do if you unbolt the power steering reservoir and move it out the way, I didn't and ended up with no skin on my knuckles. Careful with this, its full of oil so keep it upright!

Fill up the new filter with oil, put it on.

open the top, put in oil.

Bolt down your power steering reservoir again.

Done.

Its easy mate, there must be a guide on here.

Sump plug out, drain, leave open for ages to let it all out.

plug back in (remember the gasket washer and chage it if its bust, should be fine though)

take off the old filter. I have since been told it is easy to do if you unbolt the power steering reservoir and move it out the way, I didn't and ended up with no skin on my knuckles. Careful with this, its full of oil so keep it upright!

Fill up the new filter with oil, put it on.

open the top, put in oil.

Bolt down your power steering reservoir again.

Done.

Unbolt power steering :blink: Why, no need for that :)

Also don't forget to rim the new oil filter (with oil that is ;))