The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra mkiii R154 vs Soarer R154

ray007

There is one on ebay atm. I think they are the same but one from soarer is so rare.

ive been keeping an eye on that :) thanks any way... is that one defo from a soarer?

to fit on a 1jz engine am i right in saying i will need the prop, master and slave and the shifter extension?

The 154 from a soarer will fit straight into a mkiv, the mark 3 needs a shifter conversion.

Pretty rare though soarer manual!

Not entirely true mate, the later model soarers had the correct box the early models didnt have a remote shifter ;)

The 154 from a soarer will fit straight into a mkiv, the mark 3 needs a shifter conversion.

Pretty rare though soarer manual!

so which flywheel would i use? and could use the mkiv clutch? (i doubt it) and can i not use the pedals and master&slave from an mkiv w58 or v161?

AFAIK the flyis the same between both engines.

Oops, looks like I just bought an R154 :faint: Oh well for 310 quid Ill just pump it on DriftWorks, double my cash lol

Naughty naughty, just adding to your collection or something..lol... what are you using it for then?

ive recently joined driftworks.....some prices are extortionate but at the same time there's some really stuff aswell.

Gareth, as the JZ god can always rely on you for important info :) I do have too many gearboxes, in my garage I have a W58, an HSK built auto and soon to have an R154 lol

lol... i think im just as bad as you.. i have v161 conversion and a w58 conversion just sitting there and now im looking for an R154

we need some definative answers here.

can someone knowlageable that know for sure (not thinking or guessing) fill in the following

mk3 r154 box to fit 2jz will need a ________ bell housing , A ________ clutch and will mate to a _______ prop . The shifter will/will not need extending

a sorer r154 box to fit 2jz will need a ________ bell housing , A ________ clutch and will mate to a _______ prop . The shifter will/will not need extending

the shifter extension needed can be baught from_______ or taken from a _________

thank you

As ive said time and time again there are many types of r154, 4 last time i checked but theres only one you want and thats out of the later soarer which has remote shifter but good luck finding one of those cheap or at all...

As ive said time and time again there are many types of r154, 4 last time i checked but theres only one you want and thats out of the later soarer which has remote shifter but good luck finding one of those cheap or at all...

but there must be other ways of making the mk3 or earlyer soarer box fit ?

Yeah a shifter extention which isnt something i would do myself but each to there own.

is there a way of madofying the w58 exstension to fit the 154 from the mk3.

i need to find these things out as my latest w58 is starting to develope the "death whine" .

for instance i have a full w58 in bits so could i use the 58 bell housing and shifter to make a mk3 box fit. i wnat a 154 as the raios are pretty similar to the w58 and would work well with the na diff, and i can buy a mk3 turbo (rust bucket with knackerd engine ) for £300

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)