The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My hammerite diy respray

evinX

Well i thought i might as well make a thread on this. Im painting my supra at home, in the open weather in hammerite satin black using aerosol's.

Started of with a test before i bought bulk paint, and it came out very well. So started to paint parts that didnt need much prepping, mirrors, eyelids and bonnet + washers so far.

Will update with pics as i go futher on...

Kevin

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs019.snc4/34326_1525121044926_1141640031_3117215_3063770_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs084.ash2/37536_1536506089545_1141640031_3147333_4571385_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs176.snc4/38117_1541277008815_1141640031_3159212_3867516_n.jpg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe you are using hamerite from an aerosol can !!!.

I used exactly the same paint tin the same colour to spray my wrought iron garden table and chairs. Believe me, it doesnt go very far, and will cost almost as much to do the whole car as getting it doen by a garage. Also, i had horrendous trouble stopping the runs.

You must be mad:D, but deserve some credit for effort/balls.

Would love to see the finished result close up. Fingers crossed its better than my garden furnature:D

Guest Suprastar2009

Ooh er, a spray can supra whatever floats your boat I guess will be interested to see the car when it's complete :(

I dont envy your neighbours with all that overspray going over there cars!! I remember priming up my supra in the private car park where i live before i got a workshop and the overspray was collosal and the neighbours gave me a proper bolly, needless to say i spent the next week or so cleaning every inch of there cars. (8 in all)

But hats of to you for giving this a go, interested on how this turns out. Wont be cheap tho, rattle cans don't go far at all, as i suppose you have already found out!!!!!

I actually think a few of you are being VERY unfair... Sure it might not be the world's best finish, but he has taken the time to put his OWN effort into this.

I'd echo that, as much as the finished product isn't to my taste this is a young chap learning new skills and making his own car look how he wants it to look on the budget he has available. I have more respect for this than someone just waving a visa card and placing orders for the next big crowd pleaser.

When I was close to his age I think I was spraying the rusty arches of a Fiesta most weekends with rattle cans and being proud of my efforts, don't dampen the spirits of this enthusiast folks.