The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is my engine worth with nearly new turbos?

jackso11

I am thinking of getting a lower milage engine transplant and wondering what I can get for mine. Both turbos where replaced in 2008 and have done about 8k miles. What are they worth?

I am not sure what the engine has done mile wise, the clock says about 134k miles but I would think a large chunk of that is km's.

are these turbos got ceramic or steel blades?

They are standard J-Spec turbos, direct replacement.

They have done 8k miles with no higher bost than 0.9bar.

Previous owner who had them changed was a lady owner and carful driver, and although I am BPU I haven't fitted my boost controller so its still restricted by the ring to 0.9bar.

Basically nearly new turbos :)

I have the receipt too, £800 for the turbos, £2k including labour to fit! expensive labour!

I am thinking of getting a lower milage engine transplant and wondering what I can get for mine. Both turbos where replaced in 2008 and have done about 8k miles. What are they worth?

So you've got a good engine with VERY good condition Turbos, and you want to replace it with an unknown engine that's coming over from Japan..

I suggest you have a rethink on that one.

So you've got a good engine with VERY good condition Turbos, and you want to replace it with an unknown engine that's coming over from Japan..

I suggest you have a rethink on that one.

The new one he's getting has done 13000 km's mate, can't see there being much wrong with it! :D

The new one he's getting has done 13000 km's mate, can't see there being much wrong with it! :D

Having had a 60,000km (supposedly) engine fail on me, I don't take any meaning from the figures. Taking out a known good engine with relatively new turbos (which are very expensive and likely to last for a long time) and replacing it with an unknown engine and unknown turbos seems like absolute lunacy.

hmmm....do you think I am being a bit stupid Alex?

My engine is fine, new turbos, its just the idea of an engine with only 13k km on it seems really good to me.....anyone else think I should just stick with what I have?

Were not your dad :D but if it is not broke why fix it;)

Having had a 60,000km (supposedly) engine fail on me, I don't take any meaning from the figures. Taking out a known good engine with relatively new turbos (which are very expensive and likely to last for a long time) and replacing it with an unknown engine and unknown turbos seems like absolute lunacy.

Totally agree, if the engine was blown then fine,

Jackson, you sure you ain't been bowled over with pics of a nice looking new engine? You need to use your head (not your heart) on this decision