The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to sell my Supra. How much is it worth? Pics included

nasoup

I have unfortunately got to sell my pride and joy :( .I'm just wondering what its worth as it has alot of problems.

Its a Black 93 j-spec manual N/A with 140000 miles. MOT till june 2011 TAX till Oct 2010.

Clifford G4 alarm

UK spec headlights with 6000k HID's

TIEN super street suspention

17'' Super Advan wheels with very good tyres tyres

HKS Induction

Aftermarket exhaust I have no idea what make it is

Zunsport bumper grills

The rear wiper and jet has been removed

Speedo and odo converted to mile/ph

Air con works

BAD POINTS

Pretty sure the car has been in some sort of accident because the drivers side of the car(apart from the front wing) has been repainted and there is a bit of paint flake on the bottom of the rear arch(shown in picture) and the drivers side window isnt original.

The passenger side window doesn't work because the cable has snapped. Rear wheel bearing needs changing. Speedo doesn't work at all, it stopped about 2 months ago. Theres a tear in the drivers side doorcard. I'm pretty sure thats it.

Please take into account that I have been driving this car for over a year and it drives very smooth, it's gone through 2 MOT's without any major problems so i would be prepared to say that its machanically good, I'v looked under the car and everything seems to be original so I really don't think the accident was major and I should mention that there is no record of this car being in an accident on the DVLA database.

The only history i'v got is the history i'v amounted over the past 14months i'v had it.

The reason i'm asking what it's worth is because I do realise the problems with it and I want to sell it honestly.

Thanks

Dan

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

iPhone.jpg

iPhone 001.jpg

Hmm im sure its an original wing its got, as im pretty sure there are no patent body parts for the supra available (non genuine toyota) looks nice though, id say around £2300 if its had a slight nock.

I'm pretty sure all the panels are original just repainted maybe with a little filler under there somewhere. Thanks evin that price seems reasonable.

Paint will be a killer on the price as any buyer will always have that "needs £1-2k spent on the body" in the back of their mind. £2k or very close to it IMO. It's black so a lot more desirable.

Is the mileage clocked back to pre-conversion stage? If it was originally stacking KM, it might be a lot less than indicated on the ODO.

Finally, I would say that fixing the window and speedo would be a good idea before selling on. They are cheap and easy fixes.

Must say 1500 is a little harsh. its alot of car even with these small problem. You should assume its had a knock just because the paint is flaking. paint wise, its next to nothing, it could be blow in by some one who knows what they doin, for a couple of hundred quid!!

Id say 2/2.5k to be fair.

Edited by kazama76 (see edit history)

Must say 1500 is a little harsh. its alot of car even with these small problem. You should assume its had a knock just because the paint is flaking. paint wise, its next to nothing, it could be blow in by some one who knows what they doin, for a couple of hundred quid!!

Id say 2/2.5k to be fair.

Really? I've seen nicer N/A's go for £1800. It's been in an accident for a start..

I'd suggest at least getting the Speedo fixed cause it's just giving buyers reasons to knock you down loads anyway.

Good luck with the sale.

i would consider this offer seriously, very good offer on the table imo

Sadly I must agree. My friend has just bought a '95 NA manual, needs paint on the front driver wing, but otherwise ok and he paid £2350 for his and it has 75000km certificated.

As has been previously mentioned, if you can find a way of affording to keep it I would and get it up to scratch when you can afford to :)