Favorite Car Cleaning Product?

JamieP

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you wash, dry, spray with that finishkare and then dry again Jamie?

With the megs detailer I wash & rinse, then spray it a panel at a time before drying rather than drying the car twice...not sure if that's what's intended but it works for me.

has anyone tried the autoglym polish? the £30 tub one?

Yep, got two last week in the Bogof offer, £39 but you get two so £20 each really :D

Great stuff, really rated amongst some of the £100 plus waxes and well easy to apply and remove. Great protection and high gloss.

Yep, got two last week in the Bogof offer, £39 but you get two so £20 each really :D

Great stuff, really rated amongst some of the £100 plus waxes and well easy to apply and remove. Great protection and high gloss.

i cant seem to find it any where im not sure what it called?? i hear you have to leave it on the car for 10-15mins then take off

Do you wash, dry, spray with that finishkare and then dry again Jamie?

Yes mate, i do it like that as the wing mirrors always drip water for a while, drives me up the wall, i leave it for a while after i have washed and dried before i go over again with the detailer spray.

Can anyone recommend products for the following??

1.) Getting dried insects off (i've tried a cpl diff ones but not much success yet)

2.) Cleaning up the engine bay

3.) Cleaning off the carbon deposits off the inside of the exhaust.

I built some shelves in the garage last trip home for all my cleaning stuff, starting to get a pretty good collection now :D

Yes i have some... I used it 2 months back, rinsed, snow foamed, washed (two bucket method) then clayed, SRP'd and then used the HD wax. Great product and two months on still beading like a biatch :D, I just wash and speed detail using Megiaurs Ultimate Speed Datailer till it needs another wax :)

the wing mirrors always drip water for a while, drives me up the wall

Me too! :D Turns out the Supra's not perfect after all.

Mine's black, so the fewer times I have to dry it the better (I suspect that's where most of the swirls come from). I also end up rubbing it harder (:sly:) if it's left to dry for any length of time as we've got hard water and the marks left behind after rinsing if you don't get it straight away are a pain in the arse to try to get rid of.