The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HI ALL . NEWBIE HERE 1.5jz

Guest soaring Charlie

Guest soaring Charlie

hi to all :)

just doing a engine build for my soarer and looking into the 1.5 jz

the 1 jz in the car is smoking a bit . think it is the stem seals as it looks like they are common to go

got a spare 1jz with stem seals which have gone

got a spear 2JZ with steam seals gone aswell

is there a link on hear to which way to tackle it

which head gasket will i need as in 2mm or a 2.5 mm

which valves can i run . 2jz intake in the 1jz head

can i use the 1jz intake valves in the exhaust side

are the pistons the same . if bores are same that is

are the cams the some . does the 2jz cams fit in to the 1jz head

where is a good place for the full gasket set

or any info that may help me

thanx mark

Guest soaring Charlie
:hello:

http://www.soarerworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16456

There are a lot of fiddly bits when you fit a 2JZ bottom end to a Soarer. If the 1JZ bottom end is OK, it may not be worth the effort, unless you really, really want a 1.5JZ.

hi well i do really want to try the 1.5 as i have the two engines 1jz/2jz to make up the 1.5 jz .. the two engines both have stem seals problems so which ever way i look at it they need to be spit to sort them out . well are spit the 1jz head is up at a engine shop haveing the 2jz inlet valves put in . thats why i thought about haveing the 1jz inlet valves put it the exhaust side which would make them 1mm over . what are the fiddly bits

I assume you were running a single turbo upgrade on the Soarer (otherwise you might as well have used the 2JZ complete, with a single turbo conversion), so you'll have to make some fiddly changes to the exhaust etc because the Supra block is taller.

Guest soaring Charlie

right . so if i had (which i do not but might be able to get from somewhere ) the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold will the 2jz fit straight in . with no rewiring

Guest soaring Charlie
I assume you were running a single turbo upgrade on the Soarer (otherwise you might as well have used the 2JZ complete, with a single turbo conversion), so you'll have to make some fiddly changes to the exhaust etc because the Supra block is taller.

and no it is running stock at mo . but have been geting things like . single turbo manifold t4 (1jz) . jdm 440s . t70 turbo . supra single turbo down pipe . complete 1jz . 2jz bear engine .

and no it is running stock at mo. but have been getting things like single turbo manifold t4 (1jz). jdm 440s. t70 turbo. supra single turbo down pipe. Complete 1jz. 2jz bare engine.
If you'd already bought the 1JZ manifold etc. it probably makes sense to use the 1JZ head.

I seem to recall reading somewhere - perhaps on one of the Aussie Soarer forums - that one of the 1JZ oilways doesn't quite line up with the hole in the 2JZ block.

Guest soaring Charlie
Hi mate, did you get the 2j off ebay and collect from west midlands;), welcome to the club btw.

hi mate .. yes it was the one off EBAY from the midlands . you mean that LOW MILEAGE ONE :rlol: . WAS IT YOU THAT I GOT IT FROM .. cool vids you have on youtube .