The mkiv Supra Owners Club

coloured wheel nuts, colour come off?

Lude

just had some nice blue wheel nuts from ebay.

at least they looked nice until i put them on!

parts of the blue have come off already, and i have only put them on! let alone remove!

is this expected? or are these ones cheap and shite.

ive emailed the company got them from my views and will expect a refund!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380248090308&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Edited by Lude (see edit history)

Decent quality anodised wheel nuts should last quite a while, but the anodising can wear over time. Some have a clear lacquer over the anodising to protect the finish from the elements.

If the anodising is wearing off on yours already then they are obviously poor quality.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Volk ones are around £130 ish!!! Serious monies for some wheel nuts like! But even for the ones you've bought mate, that is seriously shoddy, I was thinking about buying some from them too! Let me know how you get on, i.e. if they are just a dodgy set or whatnot

I got some red ultralite Internal drive wheel nuts. They look great, they havnt lost any colour at all and i have taken them off a couple of times. unfortunately when I got new tires fitted the tech at the workshop did them up so tight one of them split. Great.