The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Teflon Coating

Andrew Dunk Shaw

they can be diamond brighted, its not teflon but it is bloody good stuff, you can also have plastic put over the paint but i dont like the sound of this

if there is such a thing how would you get paint to stick to it after if you bumped it :(

I had seen pics of this, altho it stops your car from getting stonechips, there was a dull look when compared to the standard paint. So, if you prefer a show shine I wouldnt.. but if you dont want stonechips.. *shrug*

I would want to see some examples up front.

Kevin was investigating a product called Zoop it is specificaly for polished metal finishes. It is supposed to seal it from the elements so ideal from my polished splits. Quite expensive but I would be willing to go shares in a purchase for a trial.

I'll try and find a link to the US site

Originally posted by Terminator

Kevin was investigating a product called Zoop it is specificaly for polished metal finishes. It is supposed to seal it from the elements so ideal from my polished splits. Quite expensive but I would be willing to go shares in a purchase for a trial.

Think Kevin is having probs getting it shipped over as it contains some nasty ingredients, think he's gotta get a special liscence to ship it, a mate of mine is getting a number for me of a guy who supposedly does this teflon coating, i'll let you know how i get on.

Regards

Dunk

my bro has armourfend or something similar (protective film) on his black leon. protects the bodywork quite well, but once its all polished you can see that its got a film on it.

its only really noticeable if your quite picky, but i'd recommend it. only reason i didn't have it done was cos i couldn't afford the £300 odd to have it done.

Whats diamond bright then?

I had my car Teflon coated for £117. I was very happy with it. It doesnt stop stone chips or anything like that, they just gaurantee that you don't need to polish your car for a year!! I've had it 9 months and haven't polished it yet.

You just need to wash and dry it for it to look sparkly and new again.

It still get dirty like other cars (but to a lesser extent), but the main thing is you just need a wash to revive the paintwork, not a T-cut and polish every 5 mins.

You cant see the coat on mine at all. I am sure there are people on here that will testify to cleanliness of my car and the condition of the paintwork from the last Bournemouth meet:)

I would recommend it.

Originally posted by lovatt

if there is such a thing how would you get paint to stick to it after if you bumped it :(

Wouldn't the coating get knocked off though at the same time? So if you'd managed to knock off some paint surely the coating over that particular spot would have also been knocked off? Just repaint and recoat...? (or am I missing what this coating thing is all about?)

:conf:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GARY GRAINGER

hi guys its not teflon but it works wicked its called super guard paint sealent its 25 quid for a little pack just about right to do one car but lasts for ages no need to polish your cars every week end the water just falls off any body want any let me no cheers GAZ

Originally posted by 200SX Boy

Wouldn't the coating get knocked off though at the same time? So if you'd managed to knock off some paint surely the coating over that particular spot would have also been knocked off? Just repaint and recoat...? (or am I missing what this coating thing is all about?)

:conf:

I think what Lovatt meant was that it would not be possible to blow in a panel as you would have to then paint over the plastic.

sorry 200sx only just noticed your post aimed at me

if you damaged your paint the area that is scratched might only be 5cm long, yes the coating would be scraped off this area but you still have to paint the rest of the pannel, if it was teflon coated you would have to remove the teflon from the pannel, by the time this was done the whole pannel would need colour coat, you would need to "flick" the colour into the pannel next to it (ie wing/door) but this pannel would also have the coating on,

Diamond bright is supposed to last 6-24months depending on the elements.

I have bottles of the stuff all over the place - I think I gave a set to Emin?!?

2 part set.

I don't pay for it as it's "sourced" by a relative in the industry... I can check what prices are if anyone wants them.

DO NOT pay anyone to do it - it takes about ten minutes and is easier than washing the car.

Guest GARY GRAINGER

just found a place in london where i am that does teflon coating for 250 quid apprently they do a wicked job to.

CJ you have pm.

It is worth noting that this stuff isn't overly expensive but the only place you can generally get it is from dealers and they charge 200-500 (BMW normally want more) to apply this treatment.

IMO it's silly money, if I could get more to give away then I would but my supply is VERY limited.

If anyone lives near me and wants some they are welcome to pop round and have some but I can't be arsed posting stuff out etc.

Think, I may of had a break through on this product, should have a few bottles of the stuff to try out in the very near future. I will let you know when the first batch arrives.

The product can be used to seal Aluminium and Chrome which should come in really handy, particularly with all the engine bling that is going on at the moment. I for one am sick of cleaning all the hard watermarks of my shiney engine bay each time after washing the car.

HTH

Thanks

Kevin

Originally posted by Terminator

Originally posted by Kevin Huntley

Think, I may of had a break through on this product, should have a few bottles of the stuff to try out in the very near future. I will let you know when the first batch arrives.

The product can be used to seal Aluminium and Chrome which should come in really handy, particularly with all the engine bling that is going on at the moment. I for one am sick of cleaning all the hard watermarks of my shiney engine bay each time after washing the car.

HTH

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin as you know i want this for the new 19's im getting from you, will you have this product in time for when my wheels arrive as i'd like to get it on them as soon as they come out the boxes ?

Regards

Dunk

Originally posted by RICHARDA

ADS

There is a company called Dent Magician that offer this service. Although a franchise co. I am not sure if there are any round your way.

HTH.

Rich

Thanks for the info Rich, just spoke to dentmagician and as long as the wheels are laquered they can teflon coat them approx

£20 + vat each no garantee on the wheels but seemed to think it should work.

£390 + vat for the bodywork 5yr garantee.

I might just give this a go depending on what kevins product is like.

Regards

Dunk