The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harnesses for these seats - Recommendations?

NOS

Serious note don't do it the harness only work if your straped in tight then you can't reach half the dash board then when you get in and out at the shops you have to get in and out of them it's a nuisense

nothing wrong with the standard seatbelt infact the standard one will probly be safer

I have 4 points in mine with 2.5" straps, Not a problem getting in and out of the car as you just slide them off the shoulder and they are off. Also depending on how you mount the seats effects getting in and out, The supra has a low mounted seat as standard. The bonus of this is that when you twist to get out its easy to plant your feet on the the ground unlike high cars where your legs dangle lol.

I was gona stick them in my corsa years ago but when you think of the hassle of climbing in and out of them it isn't worth it besides if they arnt on right in the event of an accident they could decapate you Lol

Or even worse, if you submarine out of them, you could end up loosing a set of testicles ;)

Overkill - how so?

cause when you get inti the car you have to bring the ball beg bit up to meet the waist bit then you have to get both shoulders down and connected to the waist bit

now for motorsport yes it's good but imagine you stop at a bank machine and your only jumping out for two seconds think of the work you have to do to undo the belt and refasen it again

that's why I say just stick to the normal one as it's simple on and off lol

Can someone please point me in the right direction re: harnesses for these seats?

I don't want to use the standard seat belts.

I drive the car solely on weekends and know that harnesses will not be the most comfortable but nevertheless I am eager to buy a pair.

What make etc. should I go for? Some on the Forum say 4 point, others say 6 point..

3 points are a waste of time tbh, And Gav If you are tall enough you do not submarine to much haha

Sorry but your not really correct with the above , i had the missfortune of testing my Willans 3 point Harness's for real and if there fitted correctly and worn correctly and in a proper seat you don't slide out of them.

Can i ask Nos why you need 2 threads covering the same subject ? and as i've already said in your other thread you can get a Willans 3 point for under £60 which is more than up to the job.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)