The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nur spec exhaust

supra_bus.

hi mate,

everyone will have a cat back exhaust, as most of the top brands only make them as cat backs.

then you get seperate downpipes, decats.

(yes there are exhausts you just get turbo back)

but the main ones you find are cat back.

in reagards to the blitz, i used to have one on my 200sx years ago and loved it.

ive just bought one for my supra so il let you know how it sounds next week! :)

PS i am double decatted TT

An NA can get loud with a normal cat back exhaust fitted, with both cats removed as well they get very loud. I would suggest fitting a Blitz NUR RX rather than the NUR R, the RX is quite a bit quieter.

Removing the first cat (the most restrictive of the 2) and leaving the 2nd cat in place would give you a modest performance increase without things getting offensively loud.

you say droney,very noisy then even with baffle in?? low high revs?? :eek:

Found it very droney on long runs, that was with the baffle in and no decats was about to change it but then sold the car.Im sure there were a few threads relating to this some time ago if you do a search you might find them.It seems to be particularly noisey on the n/a.Nur spec do a slightly quieter unit but i cant remember the name of it,i had intented to go for the HKS silentpower,however it's all a matter of taste:)

Nic im not sure what spec it is but you would recommend cat back to keep things at a sensible level?? thanks for info.:D

Depends what you want and how much you want to spend.

1. Fit a MT4030 Blitz NUR S, this is just the back box and connects to the stock exhaust mid pipe. This would retain the 2 silencers on the stock mid pipe, the Blitz back box would improve the sound of the car without it being too loud. You will not get any noticeable performance increase

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/hires/MT4030_1.jpg

2. Fit a MT3280 Blitz NUR R, this is a cat back exhaust ie. it replaces the back box and the mid pipe. This model is specifically for the NA and has narrower piping and a silencer on the mid pipe compared to the TT version. This will give a modest performance gain without being too loud.

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/hires/MT3280_1.jpg

3. If you want a bit more performance then you could remove either the first cat or both cats, however this will increase sound level quite a bit.

think il check what spec it is in morning and go from there i.e. RX or Nur R type. thanks for info chaps anyway.:cool:

Sorry I forgot Blitz do a version of the NUR R specifically for the NA, this would be the best option as it has added silencing and slightly narrow piping to get the best out of the NA without being too loud. (See my previous post for details).

The RX is designed for the TT (although it will fit the NA) it has the extra silencing but the bigger piping.

Have a look at the Blitz Website for full details.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

If you have a look at my YouTube link at the bottom of this post, I have an N/A with Double decat and a Nur spec S, so still has the standard mid pipe with 2 silencers in it.

It is perfect sound wise, I come home from work at 1-2 in the morning my neighbours have never complained, even when I have asked them if they hear me coming home.

It's only loud on full wot or around 2000 revs under strain, there are a few different clips or if your going to SupraPod you can hear it going up the strip;)

If you have a look at my YouTube link at the bottom of this post, I have an N/A with Double decat and a Nur spec S, so still has the standard mid pipe with 2 silencers in it.

It is perfect sound wise, I come home from work at 1-2 in the morning my neighbours have never complained, even when I have asked them if they hear me coming home.

It's only loud on full wot or around 2000 revs under strain, there are a few different clips or if your going to SupraPod you can hear it going up the strip;)

I personally would go for this setup...........stock ground clearance too.......:)