The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest (track session)

Ganty

Just wondered if any of you guys going to japfest are doing any track sessions as I think I was the only one in the club at castle combe?

I'm doing all three novice sessions and it would be nice to see a few supras this time!:D

You will find that not many owners of Supra take the car to track days for many reasons. The track days we attend most of the time our's is the only Supra in attendance.

The Supra is not an ideal track day car mainly because it weighs almost as much as a pregnant whale.(try lifting the air con compressor) Unless the car is stripped out completely you will find lighter cars will mug you in the sharp corners.

Secondly if something goes wrong it costs a fortune to fix it where as if say a track prepared Vauxhall Nova was to break anything it as cheap as chips to fix it.

We will be at Castle Coombes on 21 August lets hope there will other Supras beside ours.

Edited by Rajinder (see edit history)

You will find that not many owners of Supra take the car to track days for many reasons. The track days we attend most of the time our's is the only Supra in attendance.

The Supra is not an ideal track day car mainly because it weighs almost as much as a pregnant whale.(try lifting the air con compressor) Unless the car is stripped out completely you will find lighter cars will mug you in the sharp corners.

Secondly if something goes wrong it costs a fortune to fix it where as if say a track prepared Vauxhall Nova was to break anything it as cheap as chips to fix it.

We will be at Castle Coombes on 21 August lets hope there will other Supras beside ours.

Lol yes I understand what your saying and supras are not cheap cars!

I know I will probably get my ass kicked by some stripped out starlet but I really don't care as long as I'm having fun!

Would just be nice to see a few club members out there:)

Lol yes I understand what your saying and supras are not cheap cars!

I know I will probably get my ass kicked by some stripped out starlet but I really don't care as long as I'm having fun!

Would just be nice to see a few club members out there:)

That is the main thing, to go on the track and have fun, drive within your and the car's limit. Overtake the cars that you can and let others who are faster (stripped out Starlets & Novas) overtake you. At Abingdon a Porsche tried to keep up with me when he could not and nearly rolled his toy.

Remember you are not allowed to race on trackdays.

Go out on the track and have fun.:)