PDA

View Full Version : Manual Active front spoiler

Ray
16-06-04, 17:33
Anyone done this yet?

attilauk
16-06-04, 17:48
i remember seeing something on this, i will try to dig it up:)

Ray
16-06-04, 18:05
Originally posted by attilauk
i remember seeing something on this, i will try to dig it up:)

thanks that would be of great help :thumbs:

attilauk
16-06-04, 18:18
there is something here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/spoiler1.htm) on the TRL website but you need to build a new circuit for it:blink: im sure i have seen an easier way of doing it. im gonna keep digging:)

Ray
16-06-04, 18:22
Originally posted by attilauk
there is something here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/spoiler1.htm) on the TRL website but you need to build a new circuit for it:blink: im sure i have seen an easier way of doing it. im gonna keep digging:)

thanx man ... looks a lil complex inni :conf:

lovatt
16-06-04, 18:37
i bought a box off Matt Harwood, it is the only one i have seen or heard of, it works from the original switch, can be left in auto mode or used manually at any speed, it has propper toyota loom plugs on it and just plugs in line behind the dash. i took it to trl to get it coppied as there was so much interest but they still have not managed to copy it yet

mine may be up for sale soon as i have a bomex on the way ;)

mkivgte
18-06-04, 06:03
Originally posted by lovatt

When you decide to sell your spoiler please PM me.

Thanks,
Marlon

lovatt
18-06-04, 19:10
i probably wont sell the spoiler just the manual/auto control box

roboldham
19-06-04, 17:55
I want one too!

How can we get this sorted? Someone somewhere must have purchased / made the original box...?

R

womble
19-06-04, 21:05
Originally posted by roboldham
I want one too!

Me too :) !!

Paul
19-06-04, 23:58
Me too !

Don't want to get involved in a bidding war on a poxy little piece of electronics though.
Someone must be able to knock some up for a reasonable price?

Paul

womble
20-06-04, 11:15
Originally posted by Paul
Me too !

Don't want to get involved in a bidding war on a poxy little piece of electronics though.

Paul

I do :eek: !!, I NEED this thing :p. Joking aside (re the bidding war not whether I want one or not) I intend to give Matt Harwood a call next week for some Head Unit advice / possible purchase so if nothing gets sorted in the mean time I'll ask him about the spoiler swithcy thingy then.

Lewis
20-06-04, 11:18
i bought a box off Matt Harwood, it is the only one i have seen or heard of, it works from the original switch, can be left in auto mode or used manually at any speed, it has propper toyota loom plugs on it and just plugs in line behind the dash. i took it to trl to get it coppied as there was so much interest but they still have not managed to copy it yet

Send the box to Emin (Supra TT Myster)

There hasn't been anything electronic that I have seen him unable to do.

roboldham
20-06-04, 16:29
Yes this is more like it - let's use this network!

Soldering iron at the ready folks!

R

Paul
20-06-04, 17:01
Yeah, I'm up for one if he can sort it :thumbs:

Paul

lovatt
20-06-04, 17:20
i gave it to TRL ages ago to get it copied but had no joy from them, ill get onto emin to see if he can sort it, it wont have the toyota loom conectors on it though,

Aerotop Dave
19-10-04, 14:44
Sorry to top an old thread - did this ever get anywhere...?

lovatt
19-10-04, 21:32
just waiting for my new bumper and ill take it off my car, fingers crossed next week

roboldham
19-10-04, 21:36
eh? what you going to do, investigate a bit of electronics jiggery pokery?

IS it right that the thing only drops down at about 90mph - or is there something wrong with the kmh / mph circuitry somewhere?

I would dearly love a manual override whilst in motion!

Cheers

R

michael
19-10-04, 21:48
So long since I've driven my car that I can't remember exactly but I *think* it comes down at 50mph on my car.

I'd love a manually controller to have it down whenever I like but still be able to lift it for pesky speed bumps etc

If it can be packaged at a kit it has to be a bit seller for someone.

lovatt
19-10-04, 22:09
i have tried to get it copied but had no joy so far, this time i think i have found the right person :)

yup spoiler is manual control or can be left in auto mode, all from the standard switch with this little box

Gordon F
19-10-04, 22:49
Originally posted by roboldham
IS it right that the thing only drops down at about 90mph - or is there something wrong with the kmh / mph circuitry somewhere?
Should drop about 50 - 60mph Rob. Mine was the same, dropped at 90. Pete Betts sorted it out :)

Thorin
19-10-04, 23:11
Yup should be 60mph. If it's not dropping until 90 it's down to the speedo convertor IIRC.

millhouse
20-10-04, 00:55
Mine drops at 60 and goes back up at 40

Graham S
20-10-04, 01:52
I'm pretty sure i could get it copied, Tdaxgav on here should be able to to it, he is 'kin good with that stuff and i've seen him do some pretty amazing things!

Aerotop Dave
06-11-04, 19:32
I'm not going to let this thread die!

Any progress anyone?

lovatt
06-11-04, 19:41
its all waiting on my new front bumper to arrive mate

Aerotop Dave
26-11-04, 17:52
Has it arrived yet?

I need this mod!

lovatt
27-11-04, 00:07
still no bumper as CJ's car is off the road :(

Soop Dogg
27-11-04, 12:09
The TRL "circuit" talked about earlier in this thread is only a couple of regular automotive relays!

I did this to my car over a year ago. Sat down with the diagram and a mug of coffee and knocked it up in about 1/2 an hour.

Not too difficult.

:thumbs:

Aerotop Dave
28-11-04, 09:28
Well go buy another 10 sets of what you need to build them and start selling them as completed units!

Money waiting!

lovatt
28-11-04, 16:11
that just keeps the spoiler down all the time though doesnt it ?

Paul
28-11-04, 16:16
What is this bit of kit then? A small box of electronics?
Surely it came from somewhere or can be copied easily?
A licence to print money if someone susses it out.

Paul

lovatt
28-11-04, 16:25
im going to get it coppied, i was waiting for my bumper but due to some bad luck it might be a while before i recieve it, ill just take it off anyway and get it coppied, does that mean i have to pay 50 to let you guys get them from me :conf:

roboldham
28-11-04, 18:26
50? Is that the price it takes to make up one?

If so, who with etc.?

R

lovatt
28-11-04, 18:44
no mate, thats the price i would have to shell out to let you guys buy them off me through the bbs

roboldham
28-11-04, 19:21
no mate, thats the price i would have to shell out to let you guys buy them off me through the bbs

How so?

('scuse if I'm being thick)

R

Paul
28-11-04, 21:15
I suppose he means that selling a few of these would make him a 'Trader' ?

IMO I wouldn't think such a deal would/should mean this.

Paul

Aerotop Dave
28-11-04, 21:28
Oh, I see.

While fully supporting the forum trading rules I don't think they were really designed for situations like this.

Why not just simply put a reply in this thread and say 'If you would like one, pm me'...?

Aerotop Dave
28-11-04, 21:30
Actually, just reading the traders rules and I quite really see how you'd fall foul of this. If you made 10 of them and then advertised them in the for sale section you would be fine.

lovatt
28-11-04, 21:58
yes thats what i was on about, i will have to look into it as i am sending it and the coppies shouldnt take long ;)

ill see if i can get them done in one big go, pm me if you want one :)

Soop Dogg
29-11-04, 00:20
that just keeps the spoiler down all the time though doesnt it ?

No.