The mkiv Supra Owners Club

this looks neat! single tubby as well on PH

Supra N_A

Bit of a scruffy build under the hood, no mileage mentioned. Also it's a 1993 reg car.

It's also running a t70 and only 500 bhp. That's either a poor tune, ECU or something wrong that's not mentioned.

Probably started off with blown turbos, and it's an auto, so 500hp and the 400+ lb ft with it are a sensible ish limit

• 2 months later...
Guest AndyP123

Hey, just found this thread - I'm in the market for 94/95 TT, and came across this single turbo on PH, which looks like the same car as above:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2096454.htm

Is this the same car? What was the verdict (I guess bad?) - I tried searching but couldn't find any other discussion other than this thread.

AP

Hey, just found this thread - I'm in the market for 94/95 TT, and came across this single turbo on PH, which looks like the same car as above:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2096454.htm

Is this the same car? What was the verdict (I guess bad?) - I tried searching but couldn't find any other discussion other than this thread.

AP

I would double check what turbo kit it actually has, if xs power then I'd stay well clear. Same goes for the supplementary mods like intercooler,etc.... You'll end up paying twice in the long run.

I started a thread about this a a while back Andy to find out more about it. It was built by a guy that used to be a member on the forum. It has indeed got a XS manifold and he had a few issues while building it, most noticeably was the blue smoke coming from the exhaust (most likely the oil seals). Whoever is selling it was not very helpful either, he knew barely anything about the car or mapping so it was an easy decision in the end, i didnt touch it.

If you want to read about it yourself, you'll have to comb through my previous posts and find the ones relating to the car.

Edit: This is the one

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

I am in conversations with the owner about this, should I avoid it? I have been reading about the single conversion kit thread by 123tom123tom.

I have video's of it coming onto boost, walk arounds etc and it all seems very clean and nice. My dad has contacts at Austec/AFR tuning, so am thinking about taking the car down to them to check out.. This would be the best option for me to do. I see it has a XS Power kit.. Is this a handgranade waiting to go bang?? :/

Thanks.

Some mappers wont even touch XS power kits, that should tell you all you need to know. :p

I am in conversations with the owner about this, should I avoid it? I have been reading about the single conversion kit thread by 123tom123tom.

I have video's of it coming onto boost, walk arounds etc and it all seems very clean and nice. My dad has contacts at Austec/AFR tuning, so am thinking about taking the car down to them to check out.. This would be the best option for me to do. I see it has a XS Power kit.. Is this a handgranade waiting to go bang?? :/

Thanks.