Titan Motorsports Ground up $200k build

goeights

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that all they have achived in the time they've had it?

Im sure Dave will update but no, i believe the engine has been rebuilt to top spec, a brand new 6 spd fitted, diff turbo and manifold , i think it is supposed to be good for around 14-1500 hp now, new wheels, batteries all hidden and relocated, new carbon prop, basically they had to start again.

Is that all they have achived in the time they've had it?

After 2 years it finally made it to thor where they tried to map the car,but all the Veilside studs blew out onto the floor,the turbo would not spool,i'd like to say here that when i got to thor and saw the state the car was bought down in,i was pretty shocked,the accelerator cable for the veilside was tied to the scuttle with string,the throttle linkage had not been made,the wastegate vacuum unions had fallen out,the boost controller was'nt installed,so that session the car was mapped with a huge air pressure leak,after breaking down outside santa pod,the car went to Thor again and the engine gave up on the second day,i had the engine and head independently inspected and the head was found to have been welded above number 3 cylinder at some point,which brings to a phone conversation i had with gaz walker,some weeks previous to santa pod,he rang me to tell me the cams ran dry of oil on the initial start up,this was a stage 4 head new,now i was 250 miles away so,he said he'd sort it,well,great job.

it ran for a little while,the story behind that build is epic.

You can't say the story is an epic, and then not give any details!

I saw this car once and it did nothing for me, it's nothing but a trailer queen, so having 1400+ hp is irrelevant.

When is it coming home?:)

Its actually going through the Florida courts at the moment,TITAN are taking the body shop that have had the car to court over time taken and work done against money given,so i guess winter or spring,they've had $150k to date.

You can't say the story is an epic, and then not give any details!

I saw this car once and it did nothing for me, it's nothing but a trailer queen, so having 1400+ hp is irrelevant.

do you know supras mate,why are u interested if you don't like the car.

do you know supras mate,why are u interested if you don't like the car

Calm you passions! I didn't say I didn't like the car, it just didn't do anything for me, and it may as well be an NA for the kind of use it would appear to get.

I don't really understand what my knowledge of Supras has to do with my opinion of your car, but I've had a few now :)

By the way, 'u' is actually 'you' although I appreciate they may sound the same :)