The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front light cluster problems

Guest bernardS

Guest bernardS

Thanks for the welcome. This may sound a strange question but we have been having problems with the dipped headlight in the passenger side front light cluster. Told by local Toyota shop that it is a "wiring fault". Has anyone else had this? Also, the outside bulb of the three in each cluster, both sides, doesn't seem to have a switch to switch it on!!! Or am I being very stupid?

Any suggestions?

bernardS

Bernard,

the outer of the three projection lamps you are referring to is the fog light, there is a twisting thingamybob on the indicator stalk, to the left of the steering wheel to turn it on.

With regards to your dipped headlight, I assume you mean the driving light, is the central of the three 'bulbs' and this is also activated on the same indicator stalk.

If they dont work i'd assume bulbs or fuses have gone, not too sure about wiring fault, unless someone has severely messed around with the wiring :blink: