The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4 wheel laser alignment - North?

michael

Any northern types (Leeds area if poss) have any recommendations for places to use for a 4 wheel laser alignment?

I was thinking of going for these settings - I know a few others have used them but are there any issues with them over standard?

And finally what is the standard alignment?

I had a quick search (very quick) and got 5 pages of stuff, I'll read through it all when I get a moment but in the meantime any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by mcanny

Any northern types (Leeds area if poss) have any recommendations for places to use for a 4 wheel laser alignment?

I was thinking of going for these settings - I know a few others have used them but are there any issues with them over standard?

And finally what is the standard alignment?

I had a quick search (very quick) and got 5 pages of stuff, I'll read through it all when I get a moment but in the meantime any help would be appreciated.

Gordons Tyres, Bradford Road, Wakefield - a while since I went so cannot remember of much, give em a bell

about 1.5 miles from m1 j.41 when you get off m1 only use dual carr. for about 1/4 mile-ish then left signposted Carr Gate (road takes you over dual carr. you've just off) then down hill, straight through lights then depot on left immed after railway bridge

hope it helps

david

Originally posted by Gordon F

Not wanting to diss Mr Lance W's settings, having never tried them, but I cant remember my car understeering ever!

Likewise, that's what concerned me a little. On the trackdays I've been on it's been fairly neutral unless pushed hard when it goes into easy to control oversteer, by far my preferred option!

I'll keep looking for the standard settings and see how far the car is out, I'm really happy with the handling at the moment anyway so I'll be interested to see what it's set at.

• 1 month later...

I got the car done yesterday - 3 hours of work and £70.00.

They couldn't adjust things exactly how I wanted them due to a couple of worn bushes but everything was setup within tolerances and the car feels better as a result.

While I wouldn't say the car feels like it's been transformed it does feel more sure footed and "planted" in corners - hardly a suprise when I look at the way the old fronts were worn, I must have only been using 10% of the surface!

So hopefully tyre wear will be reduced and cornering speeds up, I'll probably report back once I get a chance to give it a real test.

In summary if you are able to get near Huddersfield give Link a go, it's not a clinical hi-tech setup with plasma screens and a fancy reception but they get the job done :)

(Note: If you do go there isn't much to do in Mirfield and the seats in the reception @ Link aren't at all comfortable - take a book or get someone to drop you off so you can escape).