The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can't have nice things...

marcAB10

so.. it was yesterday, in preporation for the ingleston fast & modified where i was part of the supra indoor club stand thought it would be best to get some cleaning and buffing of the car. Drove up to my friends house as he details cars as a hobby/part time job.

Got there at around 2pm and we started work..

attachment.php?attachmentid=113840&d=1279483259

after a machine polish, few coats of wax, cleaning the windows, wheels, polishing the exhaust and engine bay it was about 7pm, so a good 5 hours buffing and polishing i have to say the car was looking better than it ever has. the machine polish was well over due.

took a few pics, gives a good idea, altho i admit to be just messing around with the reflection of my friends dads DBs. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=113841&d=1279483259

attachment.php?attachmentid=113842&d=1279483259

attachment.php?attachmentid=113843&d=1279483259

attachment.php?attachmentid=113844&d=1279483259

very happy at this point, went home for some grub and ventured back to help another friend fit his coil over to his s2000.

stayed out later than i should as i knew i needed to get up at 4am to head to the fast & modified show.

got home and conked out at about 12ish....

woke up just 4 hours later to this-

attachment.php?attachmentid=113845&d=1279483314

attachment.php?attachmentid=113847&d=1279483314

i live in the center of town, so often get a few drunks passing buy.. they/someone obviously thought my shiney car would look much better with a smashed front windscreen, a dent on the bonnet and food (coleslaw it looked like) smeared on the roof, screen, bonnet and bumper (never got a good pic before trying to clean it off)..

dent isn't the worst but still..

attachment.php?attachmentid=113846&d=1279483314

don't know anyone with a grudge against me, seems like mindless vandalism :(

pretty gutted about it but still tried not to think about it and enjoy the f & m show.. hid the smash with my spec sheet so it didn't look so bad.

as i say, seems like you just can't have nice things.

shine-aston5.JPG

shiney-aston1.JPG

shiney-aston2.JPG

shiney-aston3.JPG

shiney-aston4.JPG

smash1.JPG

smash2.JPG

smash3.JPG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There aren't just some arseholes about though. There are masses of them. Nobody will let anyone have anything good.

I'm sorry to see whats happened bud. That was a fantastic job on the detail. I am gutted we have to share this world with imbeciles.

thanks guys and i agree, we have some real scum in this world.. seems like you get your car just how you want it, and something goes t*ts up. it's just a whole world more aggrevating when it's someone elses fault.

the windscreen can be repaired through insurance, altho will still cost me a bit on excess.. it's the dent in the bonnet that really annoys me as that may be pricey.

so can everyone at suprapod next month just pretent the dent isn't there? yeah? (if you see it just say in your head "nope, nothing wrong there") :D

thanks guys and i agree, we have some real scum in this world.. seems like you get your car just how you want it, and something goes t*ts up. it's just a whole world more aggrevating when it's someone elses fault.

the windscreen can be repaired through insurance, altho will still cost me a bit on excess.. it's the dent in the bonnet that really annoys me as that may be pricey.

so can everyone at suprapod next month just pretent the dent isn't there? yeah? (if you see it just say in your head "nope, nothing wrong there") :D

trust me, with your beard they aint gona be looking at the Dent. :p

Its true, you cant have anything nice any more :( Feel sorry for you mate. Im in the same boat, living in the centre of a student and immigrants (no offence) riddled city, having several cars walked over, covered in food, objects put on and finally my Soarer got driven into.