The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got moaned at...

Attero

for having an innapropriate car. :D

I assume it was for it being innapropriate because I wasn't speeding. Wasn't even enough road before the traffic lights for which the old bat was crossing.

She came up to the window and I drove off with a nice noise to her ear. I'm an angel. :innocent:

End of story.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a proper explanation of what happened as your posts doesn't make much sense.....

H.

Simplicity was my aim. :)

Basically, an old woman crossing the traffic lights decides to start shouting at me. She must have assumed I was speeding due to my brake pads squealing a lot. Either that or she thought my car was simply innapropriate.

As she came up to window, I give her some noise and slowly drive away. She didn't look pleased in the slightest.

All day you get cheerful people shouting (good things) to you in your car, and then some old bat ruins it by shouting at you for no reason.

No. I was being moaned at. I don't take it lightly. She was doing the whole pointing thing that old ladies do when they are angry.

I believe this woman is actually notorious in the location for moaning at high performance car owners in the area anyway. Shouldn't have stopped really.

No. I was being moaned at. I don't take it lightly. She was doing the whole pointing thing that old ladies do when they are angry.

I believe this woman is actually notorious in the location for moaning at high performance car owners in the area anyway. Shouldn't have stopped really.

You should have shot her in the face or at least run her over.:rolleyes:

Still makes no sense why she was moaning at you though?

This is the Isle of Wight. Supposedly a county built for the old people of the United Kingdom. A place where the oldies can relax and rejoice in their pensioned days. A place where they can be free to roam at their own pace.

A place where they can moan about people who aren't as old as them. A place where they argue with noise and modern machines. A place where they refuse to allow planning permission for county-reviving tourist attractions and better roads.

This is the Isle of Wight. Run by a bunch of oldies who ruin the fun and joy of anyone under 60.

To cut a long story short, that's what she's here to do. Moan. There need be no provocation.

Edited by Attero (see edit history)

This is the Isle of Wight. Supposedly a county built for the old people of the United Kingdom. A place where the oldies can relax and rejoice in their pensioned days. A place where they can be free to roam at their own pace.

A place where they can moan about people who aren't as old as them. A place where they argue with noise and modern machines. A place where they refuse to allow planning permission for county-reviving tourist attractions and better roads.

This is the Isle of Wight. Run by a bunch of oldies who ruin the fun and joy of anyone under 60.

To cut a long story short, that's what she's here to do. Moan. There need be no provocation.

You really need a hug... Where's Nizam?

Sod them, i get always see old people twisitng their faces towards my car, probably have no care about cars so all they need to worry about is, its a car and gets someone from a-b, car racists. hehe

The ones that arent twisting their faces at your car, are twisting them the other way so they dont have to look at it. :D

You missed the point i was making. Never matter.

Personally i think you should be the bigger person in situations like that when it comes to our older generation.

I think your missing my point really. People get a lot of bull in my area because of the older generation. It's not a specific group of people that are getting the abuse. It's everybody. Children to teens to adult to mature adult.

If by being bigger, you mean talking to the old lady, it would have just got worse because they don't let things drop. I've tried this over and over. It's better to just ignore and get on your way and that's how it's done here by everyone. It shuts everyone up and life continues hassle free.

Usually when someone is having a moan or a whinge I just wait and look at them as they talk, and I dont utter even one word. Just look at them nicely until they go away.

It sounds abit passive agressive, but you just have to pretend you are looking at a cute puppy dog or something.

The big pauses of silence when they expect me to speak are absolutely gold.

Saying that, I wouldnt disrespect an old person, have you no respect?

Saying that, I wouldnt disrespect an old person, have you no respect?

but maybe they should have some respect

i had an old woman driving a car while reversing drove into me (as in hit me while i was walking) but made a noise then she said out the window what am i doing to her car????? followed by me saying get a fuckin licence she them said she was going to call the police??? so some old people think there right even when there not and will not be told other wise

I don't have disrespect towards the older generation. One old man came up to me today whilst I was out trying to fix something on the car when he started to talk to me like a human being. I kindly had a nice conversation with him for half an hour or so about motors modern, classics and wartime.

I only have disrespect for the older generation who think that everything is a bother in this world and disrespect everyone else, especially when someone isn't even causing a hassle.

Edited by Attero (see edit history)

Old people can't demand respect, I don't care who you are to get my respect you have to earn it. Yes older people deserve a bit of tolerance but I wouldn't take it so far to be giving Attero a hard time because he drove away from an old bat who was coming to put a downer on his day just because of the car he chooses to drive!

I say good on you Attero, probably the best thing you could have done in the situation.

I have had old people scowl at the car and others come up and admire it, most do a double take at the badge though :)

Rant over.....