The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought UK Supra tt in red, my first supra!!

mcockcroft

Hi all, im martin, ive just bought my first Supra, ive wanted one ever since my father had 2 of them, he was a Toyota dealer and got them as demonstartors. Theres nothing cooler than being dropped off at school in a Supra.

Anyway mine is a 1994 Supra Twin Turbo UK car, 103,000 miles, full history in red with cream leather, immaculate. I hope to put pictures on soon, but thought i would introduce myself

martin

Hi Martin, welcome.

I think it's the same car I looked at when I bought mine a few weeks ago. Had a few sleepless nights trying to decide whether to get that one or the slightly modified one I ended up with.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it, I am still getting used to it's speed and the amount of attention the supras get on the road!

Good luck with it.

hi guys thanks for the welcomes and will have pics on soon, but from the sounds of it some of you already have seen it as it was the one on ebay. Im actually picking it up from newcastle tomoro so hope its eveything i want it to be, from talking to the guy it sound like a really nice genuine car and i think a bit of a steal at 4800 as most of them ive seen at 7-8 thou. Always makes you think why is it so cheap but it was a no reserve auction and i suppose thats the risk you take

cant wait to see it and i have a 2 1/2 hour drive home so if its what im expecting and i buy it ill have a superb drive home

martin

Hi guys, bought the supra, got a bit of an oil leak unfortunately which didnt reveal itself until it had done a fair few miles but im sure its sortable and also im not sure why yet but when i gave it some on a straight a fair amount of smoke came out when the big turbo kicked in. Im thinking that it might be because its really not been used that much in the last few years and never got up to speed for the big turbo to kick in so seals may be dry or somethin, im hoping its not too serious!!! Apart from that it was cheap at 4800 for a uk unmolested twin turbo and bodywork was excellent, very original. If anyones come across this senario with the the big turbo and lots of greyish blue smoke (which might be burning oil) coming out let me know your thoughts.

cheers

Martin

Hi guys, bought the supra, got a bit of an oil leak unfortunately which didnt reveal itself until it had done a fair few miles but im sure its sortable and also im not sure why yet but when i gave it some on a straight a fair amount of smoke came out when the big turbo kicked in. Im thinking that it might be because its really not been used that much in the last few years and never got up to speed for the big turbo to kick in so seals may be dry or somethin, im hoping its not too serious!!! Apart from that it was cheap at 4800 for a uk unmolested twin turbo and bodywork was excellent, very original. If anyones come across this senario with the the big turbo and lots of greyish blue smoke (which might be burning oil) coming out let me know your thoughts.

cheers

Martin

i am affraid the turbo/s are dying :(

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)