The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water Temps

Geo

I might be paranoid, before replacing my stock fan for the dual electric fans, i was seeing water temps on my Defi at bang on 90degs when driving, im still getting this. But when im on idle the temp goes upto 100degs, then the fans kick in and temps go down to 88/90degs again.

Is this normal???

Iv no leaks, coolant has been changed recently, just wondering if i should be worried about anything going wrong.

cheers guys

Possible airlock from coolant change? Maybe a dodgy thermostat? Think a new stat is £18 from Toyota so maybe worth changing it for peace of mind.

Yeah that was my next purchase dude, just wanted some feedback incase it was a simple fix?

Have you got fans set to come on at 100deg?

Can you set 1 fan to run continually from start up, then other fan start if temp rise above 90deg?

not sure if this can be done TBH, i'll look into it?

Not sure how the fans are told to come on at a certain Deg TBH?

These are the fans, taken from MVP website. from what i can see its just a plug that goes into the original fan setup.

AAP Motorsports Dual Fan Kit with Shroud for 1993-98 Supra - Polished

Part # AAP Shroud Polished

Finally!! A fan kit worthy of the Supra!! This kit is a bolt-on to every radiator: OEM, Fluidyne, Griffin, PWR, Koyo.

This kit includes 2 of the highest flowing Zirgo fans available. The stock clutch fan produces 3,300 CFM of air. The dual Flex-A-Lite fans produce a low 1,200 CFM. This dual fan kit produces 3,350 to 3,400 CFM! No more worries of overheating by installing an aftermarket kit!

The aluminum shroud measures 29 x 19 x 2.37" thick.

The price includes the custom shroud and both fans, fully assembled and ready to install! All you do is wire it up to anything that gets power power when you start your Supra (alternator for example). No thermostat necessary!

For a large picture of this kit click here. Click here and here for pictures of this fan kit installed. Look how much room it cleans up in the engine bay!! It is mated with a Fluidyne radiator for the ultimate in cooling.

Note that if you have a PWR radiator that we recommend you purchase the $5 bracket made to fit this kit directly onto the PWR with no modifications.

Note that if you have a Fluidyne radiator that there is 1 bracket on the Fluidyne you will need to bend 180 degrees. This is done easily with a set of pliers and does no harm to the radiator in any way, you are simply bending a bracket.

My Link ecu controls both of the fans, I’ve got them set to come on at 90deg and run till temp drops to 86dg.

Both run simultaneously when needed.

Engine revs are also controlled and rise slightly when fans kick in.

I was thinking of wiring my small fan to come on at start up, then second larger fan would only run when temps rise above 90dg.

Has your ecu got an engine fan option?

If you were seeing 90 degrees on the stock fan which has superior cooling, it sounds like you may have a problem unconnected to the new fans. According to Ryan my water system never went over 80 degrees even at 1.4bar WOT on the dyno, on a stock fan, with a huge FMIC stuck in front of the rad.

My Link ecu controls both of the fans, I’ve got them set to come on at 90deg and run till temp drops to 86dg.

Both run simultaneously when needed.

Engine revs are also controlled and rise slightly when fans kick in.

I was thinking of wiring my small fan to come on at start up, then second larger fan would only run when temps rise above 90dg.

Has your ecu got an engine fan option?

Yeah iv just found the option on the AEM, might have one running at 90degs and the other to come on at 95 degs until it reaches 85 degs

If you were seeing 90 degrees on the stock fan which has superior cooling, it sounds like you may have a problem unconnected to the new fans. According to Ryan my water system never went over 80 degrees even at 1.4bar WOT on the dyno, on a stock fan, with a huge FMIC stuck in front of the rad.

Mmmmmm i was seeing these sort of temps until the new fans were put in?? i was seeing 90degs all the time even on WOT