The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's it worth

wicked-wench

Hi

I am new to this site so bear with me :p

I have reserved a supra that's on a slow boat from Japan and I wanted your opinions on how much it is worth so that I don't waste my money.

The car is a 95 N reg Supra RZ with a full veilside kit. It has an aftermarket exhaust but I'm not sure which one.

It's done 27,000 miles which will be verified and will have a new cat 1 alarm fitted.

http://babylon-sl.com/front.jpg

http://babylon-sl.com/back.jpg

It is supposed to be in excellent condition and your opinions will be very valuable to me (I don't want to be ripped off)

Thanks in advance for your help

The Wicked Wench:flame Dev

Welcome by the way...........fantastic choice of car :)

Assuming the car is in as good a condition as you are told it is and the milage is verified....I think upto £11k would be very good value....:thumbs:

Note I aint a car dealer just love these cars man :D

Welcome Wench.

Manual or Auto ? Manuals tend to fetch about 2k more than autos in the uk market.

Full service history ? Its not unusual for Supes to come over with Fsh - which inevitably increases the value.

Ask what auction grade it is - you should look for auction grade 4 -4.5 ideally,having the auction grade sheet is a real bonus.

I paid 12k for a 6spd manual with 45k on it about a year ago.If its a manual with such low milage 12k is a good price,if its an auto IMO 10k is a decent price considering the bodykit and also the low milage.

Ask the dealer which auction it was in,auction grade sheet and query the service history.

Looks like a nice motor - get them alloys changed thoough :p

Hi and welcome

Someone's bound to point out that's not a *full* Veilside kit, lacking the rear spoiler, but that's a good thing in my book (bit OTT for me).

I'd imagine traders on here would ask around £11K if auto, £12K if manual for that. 3-spoke alloys might bring the value down a bit though.

:looney:

Some info on auction grades below :

Grading as below :

5 : Immaculate Condition with mileage below 60,000km

4.5: Excellent Condition

4 : Good condition

3.5: Some repair work needed or slightly higher mileage than average

3 : Lots of repair work needed or high mileage

2 : Piss poor condition

1 : Modified, Debased or Affected Car (Submergence, damaged from salt, hailstorm etc.)

R : Accident damaged and repaired car

RA :.Higher graded Accident damaged and repaired car

R1 : Complex grading (mixture) of the above "R" and "1"

RA1 : Complex grading (mixture) of the above "RA" and "1"

*** : Accident damaged and not repaired car, cars for parts recycle use, non-driveable car(as per thunder)

I think if its such low milage it should be a grade 4.5,wouldnt make a grade 5 as its too old.If its 3.5 I would question the dealer and find out why,since they bought the car in the auctions they should defo know what grade it is.