The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newby

Guest battle4dune

Guest battle4dune

Hi,

I have been on here a bit now doing some reading of the supra buyers guide which was very useful. I haven't as yet bought one but am going to get one with the next 4 weeks or so when my insurance runs out. I have decided on a UK 6 speed manual not fussed about colour. I was just wondering if any of you know of any for sale? Checked the usual culprits the bay, PH and autotrader. Looking for as low miles as possible :) Seen the perfect one but he wants too much money !!!

Thanks

mike

Guest battle4dune
Hello Mike

Welcome to the club.

UK 6 Speeds are rare, so don't be surprised if they £10k plus, even £15k +!

Why have you settled on a UK Spec 6 Speed? Have you looked into the JSpec's or even auto's?

Not really into autos, I know they have there advantages but I don't really like them. As for the UK spec, they are cheaper to insure but mainly for the exclusivity. I know 99% of people won't know the difference but I don't care because I will.

On the insurance note most places won't insure me and the ones that will want an absolute fortune were talking 2.5K+. Whereas a UK spec I can get insured for a grand. I am 21, 3 years driving and 2 years no claims. Clean license.

Edit: yes I have looked at JSpec but due to my age, modifications have to be hand picked and most of the imports are modified :(

Edited by battle4dune (see edit history)

Guest battle4dune
Well UK's are slower, I am sure you will notice the difference! :D

Do you have a budget in mind?

I think 10K is my limit, is that due to having lighter ceramic turbines that spool up quicker than the steel UK ones? But is there a noticeable difference? Has anyone actually tested that theory or is it best guess?

Don't listen to ABZ ;)

The J-spec vs UK-spec has been done to death on this forum.

UK-specs are rare and they will normally be £10K+ for the 6-speeds.

The UK 6TT is definitely a good choice of Supra to aim for. I've had mine for over 10 years and enjoyed every minute.

Insurance for me is only about £230 per year! Which is a big advantage over owning a J-spec as you point out.