The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi....dragon decals :(

Guest 2RRF

Hello everybody,

Well after YEARS of longing for my dream car I have finally secured a mk4 Supra from a dealer in Bolton. I still have to go and check it out myself but I have it on good authority that it's in rather good shape and I have subsequently placed a deposit on it until I can get up there at the end of this month.

Now then, one very big negative about this car is that the previous owner has gone slightly Halfords on it and stuck some proper fugly dragon decals down the side of it. They literally turn my stomach and I want them gone as soon as I get the car! Thing is though I don't have much experience with decals. What is the best way to remove these deplorable monstrosities? And is there any chance that the paint underneath will be a different colour if they have been on there a while?

Any feedback would be much appreciated guys

Here's the car:

Decals are not the only problem... I don't like those wheels, the spoiler, or the apparently ill fitting bonnet...

Decals (look at ravens thread, he had the same problem)

Ill fitting bonnet

Old photo

Turd VS spoiler

Veilside Front bumper

Turd halfords wheels

Crappy faded headlights

Reg Plate screwed to the top of the bumper :blink:

Rear spats and bumper but no skirts?? :blink:

If you look closely the decals should also be on the rear part of the skirts.. possible damage?

If it was an Auto, I wouldnt pay anything near £2000 for it. - Seriously.

Decals are not the only problem... I don't like those wheels, the spoiler, or the apparently ill fitting bonnet...

Yeah the wheels aren't great. don't really mind the spoiler myself. And I was wondering myself about that bonnet, just thought it was normal but ur saying it could be dodgy?

The car is pretty damn cheap, and the way I'm looking at it is the first rung on the ladder of supra ownership to be honest! I'd love to buy a really nicely done one but just don't have the coinage, I'm a squaddie with wife and kids so this is the best I can afford really[OOPS][/OOPS]

Hold out for a while if its not a decent car. A few n/a 5 speeds have sold for about £2k before.

I hear ya dude but u don't realise how long I have wanted one of these things! I would happily donate my testicles to medical science to own one! Thanks for the quick replies though everyone, I've got a lot of thinking to do! The car is selling for 1650 on autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201027363184896/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/1000/price-to/4000/model/supra/make/toyota/radius/200/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/sp97jb?logcode=p

Hold out for a nicer example fella, yes you want one badly but why buy one that may end up costing alot more of your money. If this does happen you would more than likely cry, due to realising that the money you spent could have gone towards a nicer supra.

Yeah leave i alone dude. If its meant to be, a proper one will rear itself. Dont be hastey with your coin. Could not only be dodgy on the outside. Last thing you want a poorly supra. cos you'll be spending more than 1600 putting it right.

Veilside bumper, what kind of noobie does that lmao ;)

Hey guys this is me 2RRF, changed my profile as I realised that using my unit as my username is actually pretty gay!

This one looks a bit more promising...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201020359299273/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/price-from/1000/model/supra/make/toyota/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/sp97jb?logcode=p

What do you guys think? Remember that I'm not after an all singing, all dancing twin turbo monster here! just something to start me off in supra ownership!

And I was wondering myself about that bonnet, just thought it was normal but ur saying it could be dodgy?

To me it looks like the bonnet rubbers are screwed out too far.

This is an easy fix.

BUT...if it isn't this simple issue then simply wait for a better car to come along.

I personally don't see that you can go too far wrong at the sub £2000 mark..........

Have a good look around it, panel gaps, paintwork and wheel camber 'the way it sits' just to try and see if it's ever had a major whack........

...........drive it and the lower the knocks and bangs the better.........CHECK THE HEATER as summer is prime time for getting rid of cars with bypassed heater matrix's (and they are a pain/costly to sort)

Well thankyou Scooter...you are indeed very helpful!

And thanks to everyone else for giving such sound advice, this place is an absolutely fantastic resource, and I've got a feeling I'm going to get to know you all a lot better soon enough! I will still be going up there to check the car over and will make a decision 'on the ground' as they say in my lot!

I'll let you guys know how it goes at the end of this month