The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Break Fluid for my Endless Brakes?

Brazil

Hi Guys,

I've got Endless brakes front and rears, I've bought my supra second hand and am on the process of giving it a full service all fluid & filter change.

My question is:

What is the capacity of brake fluid in the Endless brakes front and rears? is it still 2lts for a supra jspec tt breaks as stated on the technical thread?

The brakes have been on the car for 2.5yrs and done 15k miles, they work fine. Is it necessary for me to change it?

I've been advised to put Motul RBF 660 Factory Line race brake fluid. But I've realized that it cost 16.00 pounds per 500ml so the total would be 64.00 pounds which seem quite steep. This is 5.1 DOT stuff. Do I still require it even though I am only using it for street?

I used Castrol SRF until just recently when I started topping up with Motul, AP sent me their own 5.1 fluid which I will use next, it's all 5.1 & I doubt many will feel a difference between any of them TBH

Hi mate, nice AP's..! how much did you need in total?

Did you do bleed your rear breaks too?

cheers.

Cheers Brazil :)

Not much at all, I swapped the calipers without losing much fluid at all (I was quick with the banjo bolt :D), then when I bled them a pump or 2 & it was pure fluid coming though, less than one of those small bottles it comes in

Nope didn't bleed the rears

Cheers Brazil :)

Not much at all, I swapped the calipers without losing much fluid at all (I was quick with the banjo bolt :D), then when I bled them a pump or 2 & it was pure fluid coming though, less than one of those small bottles it comes in

Nope didn't bleed the rears

Pretty Nifty work shunnn..! That is great news then...! I am going to buy just a wee bottle of the Mutol 660 and see how I get on with that..!

For road use any branded none silicone fluid will be fine. DOT 3, DOT4 or DOT5.1 (The one to avoid is silicone fluid, DOT5, which will not mix with normal glycol based fluids at all. Whoever made a ".1" the only naming difference between totally incompatible brake fluids needs shooting, IMO :)

I used Castrol SRF until just recently when I started topping up with Motul, AP sent me their own 5.1 fluid which I will use next, it's all 5.1 & I doubt many will feel a difference between any of them TBH

+1

I am using MOTUL 5.1 with my Stoptech's too.

For road use any branded none silicone fluid will be fine. DOT 3, DOT4 or DOT5.1 (The one to avoid is silicone fluid, DOT5, which will not mix with normal glycol based fluids at all. Whoever made a ".1" the only naming difference between totally incompatible brake fluids needs shooting, IMO :)

Cheers Chris, that is what I was thinking too after doing some reading online.

+1

I am using MOTUL 5.1 with my Stoptech's too.

The Mutul appears to be the more economical out of the race fluids..!