The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good places to buy wheels

Sharpe

Hi guys.

Im new to owning a Supra but not so new to the actual forum, anyway im looking to buy a set of wheels and im not really sure where to look or particular brands that are more suited to big Jap cars.

I have around £1k to spend but can go higher if its really needed.

I'd like 19" wheels with a fairly big dish and the usual wider rears.

Is this budget realistic? and can anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Jamie

£1k with tyres? Possible defs, theres sometimes a nice few on the for sale section here, but if you're after new ones any will do the job just make sure they clear your brakes etc etc.

Ultralite Evolve's are rather tasty for a 19" deep dish wheel, was going to go for them but then got overfenders so needed wider wheels!

Hi, it depends entirely on your taste, try newera parts for top quality Volks and the like, bear in mind tour budget may suffer there. Also try the traders in the traders section here, they are brilliant and will get you the fight offset etc.

I would have a look at other peoples cars in the gallery and see what you like and go from there, good luck and post picks once you know what your getting

Cheers

Hi, it depends entirely on your taste, try newera parts for top quality Volks and the like, bear in mind tour budget may suffer there. Also try the traders in the traders section here, they are brilliant and will get you the fight offset etc.

I would have a look at other peoples cars in the gallery and see what you like and go from there, good luck and post picks once you know what your getting

Cheers

I feel quite lost with this car, almost like its my very 1st time buying alloys again. and building cars everyday at work seems to make choices on my own cars even harder...

If you're getting overfenders wait and get wheels to fit them instead of buying now then spacering them later.

If you search you'll find a huge number of threads talking about wheel sizes and offsets. Can get confusing but best thing to do is find a size that fits and then use a wheel offset calculator (google it) and but new sizes in to see if they fit - remember to check inner clearance too for your brakes.

OR ask the traders on here and they will source a set the right size for you :)

If you're getting overfenders wait and get wheels to fit them instead of buying now then spacering them later.

If you search you'll find a huge number of threads talking about wheel sizes and offsets. Can get confusing but best thing to do is find a size that fits and then use a wheel offset calculator (google it) and but new sizes in to see if they fit - remember to check inner clearance too for your brakes.

OR ask the traders on here and they will source a set the right size for you :)

with the over fenders the fact that you can then fit bigher wheels im assuming the original arches are cut back slightly?

My mate at ade design is very very helpful. He knows wheels like the back of his hand as hes been selling them for years

Number is: 01234 354070

You wanna speak to adrian

I think im going to struggle to find either the design in the right size or the right size wheels in the design i like:search:

Rolling on space savers till thats day - dont worry im not actually driving the car just yet..

Yes with overfenders arches will need rolling or cutting to get bigger wheels in, not the easiest job and not everyone's cup of tea but there you go, getting 18x12 rears and 18x9.5 fronts with 60mm overfenders

Its easy for me buddy, I do it all the time:cool: Im just not yet clued up on all things supra so im in learn mode, the search on here doesnt often find what I need to know though and as im trying to avoid wasting money but id like the exterior of my car finished before its even on the road.