The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of help with new car

neilg

Some of you may remember but i bought a supra in japan a while ago. had some problems with shipping but its all now sorted and it leaves japan on the 30th of this month.

Could do with a couple of questions answering.

Am i right in thinking that as the car is a private import the only mod i have to do to get it through the mot is to get a foglight fitted?

Does anyone know if you can register the car straight onto a private reg plate with the dvla?

Anyone know of any companies near leeds that rent trailers out cheep?

Thats about all for the min, im sure more will come to me

Cheers everyone

SVA is

Fog light

MPH reading speedo face

and cant remember the rest, but these are the worst. get a TRL digital speed converter though, the others suffer after time, and you can calibrate the speedo if it has aftermarket alloys on it, up ti 10 percent roughly, as mine is nearly spot on now :)

Thanks everyone, its a 93 so dont need a sva thingy, good to hear you can put it straight on a private plate, is that an easy process? can i just buy one and keep it on hold till the car arrives or is there a easier way?

Originally posted by jurgen

yes u can thinks you got about 12 months to put it on or otherwise u will pay a fee of about £80 next time aroung so u got plenty time

Correct, you have the plate on retention for 12 months, that's included in the fee if you're not putting on a vehicle immediatly after buying it. Renewal of the retention certificate is £85 (at least it was when I did it)