The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Howdy Doo

Guest tazzy_1

Guest tazzy_1

Alright lad and lasses (if any) LOL

I'm from the wolverhampton area looking for a Supra TT, I have joined to carry out research before I make a purchase.

I currently have a Mazda RX8 231 but the time has come where I can actually get insured on a Supra TT Import under £1k.

I've always loved the Supra as my neighbour used to deal in Supra's, Skyline, Celica GT4's etc. You may of heard of them in the past unde the name of PSG Cars.

First question would be can you insure these powerful beasts under classic car insurance as I have been led to believe that Classic Car Insurance is CHEAP!!

For anyone who care's here's my Mazda

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1546367.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome.

You could get a 95 TT on classic insurance. It used to be 10 years or older but I am struggling to find anyone who now does one under 15 years old.....:(

I pay £410 for my 96 NA and AON will honour the policy as it is existing even though they are not taking on any new clients with cars less than 15 years old.

If I get a 95 TT my insurance will go DOWN to £380.....:blink::)

AON are on 01384 552670.

If you are looking for a good quality car have a word with Jurgen at J.M. Imports and I am one of his fanboi's.....:cool::innocent:

H.

Guest tazzy_1

Hi...Thanks for the feedback!

I'm looking for a Supra TT Crica 6k as my insurance on a TT and NA is exactly the same!!

I would prefer a Part Ex or a Swap with the Mazda, money either way

Guest tazzy_1

Shaky - Have you got a contact number for them? Sky Insurance gave me a cracker of a deal of £896 bearing in mind I'm 23, 0 NCB, 5 years driving experience, and owning another car.

Abz - I Think it looks really nice to be fair but hey each to their own

Offland - I'm from Wolverhampton we should have a little meet if/when I get the supra!

Guest tazzy_1

Hi SupraStar I've send Jurgen an email see what he says!

If my Mazda sells I can easily go buy another car but need the thing to sell!

To be fair I would keep it but I've always wanted to own a Supra TT since the days of Gran Turismo 1! LOL now my insurance is under £900 I can now afford to do it!

Norton...tel.0845 3734774[ at first they denied they did modern classic insurance and then i told them i had a friend who had been insured by them for a supra. they then admitted it and gave me a quote and i had a quote for a skyline 2.5 gts turbo which was the same price - it is limited mileage and you do need a day to day car to be insured on this policy

Guest tazzy_1
Norton...tel.0845 3734774[ at first they denied they did modern classic insurance and then i told them i had a friend who had been insured by them for a supra. they then admitted it and gave me a quote and i had a quote for a skyline 2.5 gts turbo which was the same price - it is limited mileage and you do need a day to day car to be insured on this policy

WOW! I'll try giving them a call how old is your Supra? I have a day to day car aswell and when you say limited how limited is limited?

Excellent..!!

Will give them a go.....;)

H.

Guest tazzy_1
welcome mate

admiral were cheap for me. around £900 with lots of mods declared. oh an im only 21, 22 this month ;)

Admiral :blink:

They told me they can't cover me!

I'll ring them up today.