The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on parts needed to change clutch

Brazil

Hi guys,

I've just ordered an Southbend DXD stage 2 clutch. The kit is complete with PP, disc, pilot, release and alignment tool.

I am going to order V160 ATF Gear oil from Opie Oils

What else will I need? :rolleyes:

Will I need new bolts and orings/seals for the gear box drain cap, high temp grease, sand paper to use on the flywheel?

Also am I guaranteed to have to adjust the paddle or slave cylinder? to get it right?

Any advice would be appreciate it.

Many Thanks,;)

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

You will be lucky if the clutch releases properley, I no longer reccomend these because of this, holding and pedal pres wise these are great, the last and worst one we had was only cured with a new master cylinder.

What a nightmare the clutch is on it's way..! this clutch is fixing to give me a hard time I bet..! Well I can't say I wasn't warned..! Though this is pretty new news as from doing a lot of research it's the RPS that most ppl say have the issues with the master cylinder..!

I can for see a how do I get my SB clutch to work right thread coming up..! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I've fitted the southbend stage 2 clutch it took the portuguese garage 10hrs and at one point they had 3 guys on it. My flywheel did not look that bad so we just sand it down cleaned it and slapped it back on.

Once the clutch was on, it would not go into gears when the car was switched on. Only with it off. We bleed off a little bit of the clutch fluid incase there was any air bubbles...! then adjusted the pedals till we got it to work in all gears including reverse.

My question is though, I do not have any pedal free play does that mean I will damage the throughout bearing? What should I do? 'New Master Cylinder like dude has mentioned''. If it's not doing any damage I am more then happy to leave it the way it is. The pedal pressure is slightly harder then stock but not OTT. Over all I am happy with the results.

Guys, I've fitted the southbend stage 2 clutch it took the portuguese garage 10hrs and at one point they had 3 guys on it. My flywheel did not look that bad so we just sand it down cleaned it and slapped it back on.

Once the clutch was on, it would not go into gears when the car was switched on. Only with it off. We bleed off a little bit of the clutch fluid incase there was any air bubbles...! then adjusted the pedals till we got it to work in all gears including reverse.

My question is though, I do not have any pedal free play does that mean I will damage the throughout bearing? What should I do? 'New Master Cylinder like dude has mentioned''. If it's not doing any damage I am more then happy to leave it the way it is. The pedal pressure is slightly harder then stock but not OTT. Over all I am happy with the results.

Have you adjusted the clutch pedal yet?

You will be lucky if the clutch releases properley, I no longer reccomend these because of this, holding and pedal pres wise these are great, the last and worst one we had was only cured with a new master cylinder.

I''ve adjusted the pelal to get it to engage onto the gears but now I do not have any pedal free play. Is that a problem..!

Also I am still getting a bit of slip mainly on the lower gears, I've only done 100 miles on it driving mainly on no boost. will it take a bit longer for the clutch to properly grip on to the flywheel..?

• 2 months later...