The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris Wilson: Respect

SKI

Just had bleed valve, TRL, RLTC and wheel aligment done by the master.

My car absolutely flys.... Steady as she goes!!!!

Said bye bye to a very new looking 911 Turbo on the way home, in the WET (with the obvious telling off from my passenger) At the next set of reds the Porsche guy "gesticulated" that I should lower my window, amid his gasps I heard him mutter the immortal words... "What the F.... have you done to that!"

My reply of course was obvious.... This!!! Totally stock mate apart from the exhaust.... GUTTED!!! More rain inside his car than on my windscreen ha ha

If you live up North and need a mod, Chris is da man!!!

And it's all true....... His bathroom is huge :)

Thanks Chris top job!

When I bought my GTO TT it had a bleed valve on it and I was warned away from it as it was dangerous for the engine.

Is this not the case with supe engines?

( please guys no pis taking about my weak mitsi engine:p )

Good job smoking the porka bud !

Good point... I think any boost upgrade has it's limitations.

I'm only running about 1.15 bar so I think that's within tolerance for my UK spec, Chris felt strongly that my turbo's had been replaced for hybrids at some point due to their boost pattern, so I think I'm probably safer than some... I hope ;)

Bleed valves are generally okay on most engines, so long as you set them at a conservative level and have a boost guage fitted. You can set them for 16psi on a warm day and find yourself hitting 20psi on a cold day. A boost controller handles those changes better which is why most people go for them, but theres no reason not to use a bleed valve if its setup correctly.

Chris has always been a fan of the simpler mods and has used bleed valves for a long time.

JB