The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found a wire, whats it for?

jackso11

had the seats, carpet and dash out at the weekend to give the interior a proper clean. Previous owner a smoker and I am not so there was plenty of ash under the centre console and carpet, Japanese money, Japanese parking ticket, bits of twigs, loads of BB bullets!

Anyway, thought I would tidy up the wiring, remove the original oem amp loom and central locking unit and any other wires that were redundant. I found a wire and I don't know what it is. I followed it down the drivers side of the car, up behind the speaker, along the roof and into the boot hatch? Behind the speaker it becomes a plug and the rest of the wire from the boot hatch plugs into it there. It starts behind the stereo, looks like a small version of an aerial plug on the end but there is nowhere to plug it in.

Any ideas?

I think it's an AM aerial, just forget you found it :)

(but if you look at the rear windscreen heating element you should see a bit at the bottom that's not connected to the rest, that's the aerial)

I think it attaches to the part I've taken a photo of in the attachment.

P1000427.jpg

P1000428.JPG