The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got a supra tt

Guest jazraymcbeath

Guest jazraymcbeath

Hi all finally got my supra tt import. I was going through the reciepts and there is one for £1000. Which was for a blow off valve,Hks filter and a ecu(a bit werid),tune and boost setup.

I had a look at the ecu and its standard with 4 wires that have been piggy backed i assume this is for the fuel cut. A bleed valve is also fitted. The cats are still both there. Am i missing something as for 1k is alot for a blled valve and £20 fuel cut which is not far off just being a varible resistor. This was a top tuner when i used to run cosworths. I did phone them. But he was not very helpfull and couldnt mind what they did to it.

I will check to see if it has an uprated pump and will be buying both decatts. Just got a bee in my bonnet about putting in a restrictor ring after making the exhaust free flowing. Cant the boost be controlled by an avcr.

I have cleared the ecu but fault code and 42 comes up speed signal sensor 1. The cel light stays on if you speed. Is it worth trying a different speed delimiter as warning traingle is up(have topped up brake fluid so not that) The car is fitted with an aftermarket wheel. Is there anything that has to be bridged for the cruise control.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. Will get some pics up soon.

Edited by jazraymcbeath (see edit history)

Guest SupraTroopa

hi,

you need a restrictor ring as otherwise you will get overboost on your turbos and will put them in danger of going bang. A boost controller can only raise the boost not lower it. The safe limit for jspecs is assumed to be about 1.2 bar. Without a restrictor ring you could get boost spike up much higher than that.

Guest jazraymcbeath

Thanks for the welcome. I will put in the restrictor ring until i enlarge the wastegate hole. Has anyone here enlarged the wastegate hole to cure this problem. This worked well on my sti7 as it was very bad for boost creep when in 6th.

What boost is the car running at do you know? Hopefully its still 0.8bar

With both cats in you wont need a restrictor ring as it should be limited to around 0.8bar.

If your running higher than 0.8 bar you NEED to take out the cats and replace it with a relevant restrictor ring.

If you dont there will be an extremely high EGT and it'll be potentially dangerous for the engine.

Guest jazraymcbeath

Just got the car home last night from england. So when i have some spare time will get a boost reading have a spare 255 pump lying round so will fit that at the same time. Found that its still got the speed limiter. So not that for the warning triangle.

Hey welcome along :)

If removing the cats and adding a restrictor ring, the walbro 255 is an ideal pump to use.

Make sure you're using the right grade of plugs too (I use grade 7 NGK iridiums at similar spec).

Get a boost gauge on there to see what is going on! Stock levels are 0.7 bar on first turbo and 0.8 on 2nd. :)

Guest jazraymcbeath

I have a 100mph speedo. The odometer reads in km. How do i get a 180mph speedo. Also i have a hks delimiter thats not fitted. Instructions are in jap. Does anyone know where the wires go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jazraymcbeath

The warning triangle was due to the airbags wires to the steering wheel being cut. I soldered in a 250ma fuse and cleared the codes. Using the diagnostic port under the bonnet.

The faults code from the ecu was fixed by the cut the pink wire on the oddometer and joining to oddometer out wire.

The hks limiter that was in the glove box didn't work. So waiting for a new one to come home. With the decats. Will put some pics of the new dvd player and painted dash up soon.

Guest jazraymcbeath

Finally got it unlimted. Thor never had any convertors left and would be another 2 months before they get them in.

I changed the surface mount resistors to make the odometer uk spec,

I bought a kbtv delimiter of ebay £30. This comes with 2 outputs so its ideal.

The grey wire is open collector output.

Green is capacitance coupled output.

Red is live

Black is ground

Yellow is signal in(which i took from the speedo)

I connected the grey to the ecu's pink wire(no2) and green to speedo out. If you connect the other way the ecu limits you to 90mph but speedo reads in mph either way.

Nice work :)

For reference, where the original car stated it's had a new ECU, I'd imagine it's been taken to Superchips or similar. They are famous for 'chipping' a car, and actually only fitting a few pounds-worth of kit to get the boost up. £1000 sounds believeable with the other bits too :)

Guest jazraymcbeath
Nice work :)

For reference, where the original car stated it's had a new ECU, I'd imagine it's been taken to Superchips or similar. They are famous for 'chipping' a car, and actually only fitting a few pounds-worth of kit to get the boost up. £1000 sounds believeable with the other bits too :)

It was taken to Severnvalley. I looked in the ecu and there was no eprom. So yes 1k for bleed valve/fuel cut/hks filter and dump valve.

The boost was peaking 14psi and holding 12ish. But now have removed the bleed valve.

My decats and colder plugs are home and to my surprise there are gaskets and a 2" restrictor ring.

Will be ordering a fmic as my one could be better.

Then i can get to making a carbon fiber lip that will fit with my aftermarket bumper.

Guest jazraymcbeath

Changed the plugs. Fitted the decats and restrictor ring. Still holds standard boost. Had to fit the bleed valve to get the boost up. But still drops down to 10-13 psi. So will remove the restrictor ring as there is no need for it and will need a new acctuator and ebc.