The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air Con removal

dude

No, but I have one and you can have it for helping me out, do you want me to post it you tomorrow? It's brand new and a known make, but no doubt with your current luck you'll break it ;) If it has the manual gearbox type belt tensioner damper you will have to take it off.

Why do you have to remove the tensioner Chris ?????

Im toying with the idea of removing all the un-needed stuff ie PAS pump and air-con pump and maybe the tensioner and using an electric PAS pump. When we had my engine on the dyno we used a belt just round the crank, alternator and water pump, although I may just get an electric pump and have 2 pulleys.

The tensioner arm gets in the way of the belt so it has to be removed, the part number for the belt is 6PK1865.

I make up a bracket to support the power steering pump as well, just a straight bit of metal and bolt it to the original mounts. :)

The tensioner arm gets in the way of the belt so it has to be removed, the part number for the belt is 6PK1865.

I make up a bracket to support the power steering pump as well, just a straight bit of metal and bolt it to the original mounts. :)

Thanks dude, eventually I will prob just run the alternator off the belt

Why do you have to remove the tensioner Chris ?????

The revised belt run hits the bracket for it. I would most definitely stay with the stock pump, most electric installations work out heavier, and the energy to run the PAS just comes from the alternator instead. If it ain't broke, why fix it ? ;)