The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anybody fancy a road trip around europe

Drove to the Millau Viaduct with a mate and stayed a couple of nights in Millau in May this year.

Took a week, used Travelodges & Camponile Hotels and Tesco vouchers for 'free' Eurotunnel to keep the costs down.

Route here:

Was a great trip, only thing was that it was in my other car and not the Supra.

I'm near Leicester, but mates from Marham (Kings Lynn) and Brize Norton are going.

Rough plan at the min

Starting in the UK traveling to:- Amsterdam - Netherlands, Berlin - Germany, Prague - Czech Republic, Vienna - Austria, Salzburg - Austria, Milan - Italy, Monaco - Monte Carlo and Dijon - France.

Visiting some of Europes hottest Clubs and Bars, Red Army Experience (AK47, Drauganov Sniper Rifle, etc), karting on europes largest kart track (1km), Paintballing in a Russian Nuclear Bunker, re-living 'the sound of music' but with large amounts of beer, Stelvio Pass (the worlds best driving road as seen on Topgear), San Siro Stadium, A lap of the F1 track in Monaco + other stuff

I'm near Leicester, but mates from Marham (Kings Lynn) and Brize Norton are going.

Rough plan at the min

........Stelvio Pass (the worlds best driving road as seen on Topgear).......

Was there in 2009, it's too narrow to enjoy in a Supra with traffic coming the other way, remember TG close the roads for them to film!

• 3 weeks later...

That's really odd, me and Jen were speaking about maybe doing this next year, as Florida is not likely.

We must of been talking about it around the same time you posted this, but I never saw it.

We were thinking about going over from Plymouth to Santander, it's a 24 hour crossing, so a bit of time for a few beers and sober back up before driving through northern Spain into Portugal, then down the Portuguese coast into southern Spain and drive back through Madrid to the spanish north coast to get the ferry from Santander.

Have not looked at any prices or time scales, might even be worth driving up though south Spain and France to Monaco and then coming back via Dover/Southampton/Portsmouth, but that would take away the party time on the ship

Holy crap, I just did a check for Ferry crossing based on 2 adults and 2 bed inside cabin, Plymouth/Santander return at the end of September into October

£628

I could go to Florida with a Hotel for that:blink:

To drive Calais to Santander is 1600 miles both ways so at 20 mpg you would use approx £440 in fuel + the ferry crossing.

I've done the Plymouth/Santander and its as boring as hell but saves a lot of driving and by the time you add Dover/Calais cost theres not much in it.

I'd like to do a rd trip but think you'd have to restrict numbers of vehicles/passengers or the logistics will be too hard to manage.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

We've done a small road trip a few times. We went around France a few years ago (that was in an Impraza) and last year took my Supra around Spain via France. Amazing drive - cost a fair whack in fuel though - prices in France are similar if not more expensive than here (Spain is cheaper). We probably did about 2,500 miles and spent about £700 including tolls but it was worth it!

Did you say you were going for a week? Reckon that would be a really hard drive - you would probably need 2 or 3 weeks if you wanted to spend a day or 2 in each place to chill out or explore...

There is a Mechilin website that can calculate tolls in Europe I think.