The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PDA Dash Mount Kit Advice.

Rob_B

Hi All,

I have an O2 XDAII and am trying to find a good dash mount kit for it. I don't really want to screw any holes into the dash, but on the other hand, I don't really think I trust the windscreen suction mount. I have also looked at some vent mounted kits but I'm not sure if the round Supra stylee vents will work ok with them.

If anyone has any advice or pics of how they have acheived it, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Rob.

what sort of stuff can you do with a pda. can you go on net with them or use like a mobile. some of the mobile phones like the sony/erikson p900 have lots of stuff on them. just thinking if its same sort of thing.

cant you use them for a ast nav system?

just been nosey

Well I wrap a bit of velcro round the circular vents which isn't very good so I'd like a better solution too. I've seen PDA mounts for sale but they usually require horizontal slats. I expect they would work on the passenger vents, but they are too far away.

Mark, I have sat nav on my pocket PC. It's a lot cheaper than a dedicated car system and can be transferred between cars :)

James.

Mark,

I have an O2 XDAII which is a phone / PDA. I am looking to find a suitable mount so that I can get a Bluetooth GPS unit and use Tom Tom on the XDA. As James says, I could get a vent mount which would definately work on the passenger vents, but then it would be too far away :/ I am thinking of maybe getting one with a windscreen suction pad, but somehow mounting it down through the circular vent next to the clock somehow. That way I can screw it inside hopefully, without the worry of destroying the dash.

Ta,

Rob.

Originally posted by osso

you dont happen to have a pic of this mount do u?

It's a bit difficult to take a pic of the mount itself without taking it out of the car. I've took some of it in the car for you though.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8139/P1010060.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6369/P1010061.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5388/P1010064.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5296/P1010065.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7085/P1010066.jpg

Originally posted by osso

looks good, is that an ipaq with a mini keyboard addon? where did you get the mount from?

It's an iPAQ 4350 they have an integrated keyboard. If I was buying one now I'd probably get the

iPAQ 4150. It's the same but without the keyboard.

When I got the 4350 in december they were around £400 but you can get them for half that now.

All my stuff came from totalpda.co.uk and I would highly recommend that you don't buy anything from them. They're a right bunch of cants

I've already got my kit, had it for awhile now but i just cant seem to find a cradle mount for the car

I've got the IPAQ 2210 + bluetooth gps receiver + SD card + TomTom 3 didnt spend much on it.. its a nice setup

• 1 year later...

Personally I wouldn't permanently fix something like this in my car.

They won't think twice to smashing your window just to check the glove box to see if you've left it there.

The number of PDAs stolen in this area is crazy. There's one guy identified as being seen looking into cars etc.

From my recent Business Watch report :

SAT-NAV THEFTS

Following my earlier emails, there have been several more thefts of Sat-Nav systems from vehicles parked on the Halesfield estate. We cannot stress enough that expensive items such as Sat-Navs should be hidden from view at all times when a vehicle is parked up. It takes seconds for an experienced thief to gain access to a vehicle, and obviously, damage is caused to the vehicle in the process. If you have visitors to your sites, please could you make them aware of the problem, and ask them to take steps to lock expensive items out of view.

As mention before, Telford Police are aware of a possible suspect, who has been seen on several different occasions looking into cars on the Halesfield estate. The offender is described as a white male with a white baseball cap and a two tone blue hoodie with Tracksuit bottoms. He is pale skinned with a wisp of blonde hair coming out from under his cap. He is on an orange BMX and has a rucksack on his back. Please could you inform all employees of this description, and if a male matching this description is spotted, please contact Telford police immediately.

Anyone with information on the above incidents is asked to contact Telford Police on (08457) 444888, or the anonymous Crimestoppers line on (0800) 555111.