The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy wants a supra

Guest kevin.rundell

Guest kevin.rundell

Hi all

I'm wanting to buy a supra for 3-4K, got cash waiting to spend.

is there anyone out there who looking to sell a decent model I'm just getting in to the supra scene, and needing a bit of advice on what models, would be a good investment. I would really like the turbo models for a bit of pace but I’m willing to consider all offers,

please, please reply,

thanks for the time :Pling:

Edited by kevin.rundell
spelling (see edit history)

Guest kevin.rundell

i see.....i had a look on piston head and found one or two that look ed not to bad but, its like anything il need to go try before buy.

Be carefull what you buy whether it be 3-4k or 6-7k, lots and lots of cars out there i wouldnt touch with a long stick, do plenty of homework on the model you go for as it'll save you money and stress in the future.

Guest kevin.rundell
Be carefull what you buy whether it be 3-4k or 6-7k, lots and lots of cars out there i wouldnt touch with a long stick, do plenty of homework on the model you go for as it'll save you money and stress in the future.

yeah I get the feeling there’s a lot of burned engines around....I just want to start simple then change as i see fit (and cash allows), been looking on piton heads but there’s not to many I fancy, all probably been horsed around, that was the reason in joining this site I m hopping there’s some good owners and cars around here

any immediate ideas on what model type to purchase? :search:

Guest kevin.rundell

fully kitted up with skirts big wings, low bumpers and big wheels this would need to be part of car i don’t have time to spend on body mods but al engines are considered i would prefer a single HP but for 3-4k I doubt ill get one any advise?

Guest kevin.rundell
Welcome..!!:)

Make sure you do so research on the models and potential problems. These are beautiful cars and not cheap to fix if you have problems.....:tongue:

H.

yeah this is what i hear, i just want one for fun and looks am not paning on going to mental with driving as i work 5 weeks on 5 off abroad so it would just be my toy. hence i hope the engine will last me some time with TLC

yeah this is what i hear, i just want one for fun and looks am not paning on going to mental with driving as i work 5 weeks on 5 off abroad so it would just be my toy. hence i hope the engine will last me some time with TLC

The n/a engines are bullet proof, so are the tt engines even at bpu spec.

Guest kevin.rundell
Yeah. They've usually been used to keep garden tools in though.

LOL, yeah I thought as much, like i say just trying to find a good model i plan so spending some good cash over the next few months in developing my dream supra so if there’s any TT's out there that can be bought for around 4k let me know

3-4k is unrealistic especially with tasteful wheels and body mods (not chav spec tat) - you're looking at an NA, likely an auto to get the extras for the budget IMO.

A nice single goes for 3 or 4 times your budget and a nice TT auto about twice your budget.

Welcome to the site - it's a useful resource.

Cheers,

Brian.

have you seen any TT's for 3-4 k?

Cheapest I have ever seen tt's go were about 3.5k but were high mileage and rough, I can't see the point when looking at this sort of car to get one so cheap.

It is cheap for a reason and will more than likely cost you more in the end than getting a good one. Also some may say if you can't afford to spend anymore than 3-4k on buying a tt can you afford the running costs?

Guest kevin.rundell
3-4k is unrealistic especially with tasteful wheels and body mods (not chav spec tat) - you're looking at an NA, likely an auto to get the extras for the budget IMO.

A nice single goes for 3 or 4 times your budget and a nice TT auto about twice your budget.

Welcome to the site - it's a useful resource.

Cheers,

Brian.

well if there’s any TT's standard or lower spec I’m willing to consider i can go a LITTLE higher if the car is worth it I’m seeing a lot of TT's for around 6k if that’s the going rate then that’s what ill need to spend

again if you see one let me know

Guest kevin.rundell
hi and welcome mate, theres a few of us down at fast and modified next weekend in edinburgh, come along and say hi

not back form arfica till 15th, hence the reason for surfing the supra sites

At the end of the day, you pay cheap, you pay twice. You're better of saving up and paying for the one you realy want, rather than trying to find one for a specific budget.

If their cheap, their cheap for a reason. And then you will end up spending your money on fixing problems rather than having fun in a well looked after car.

Guest kevin.rundell
At the end of the day, you pay cheap, you pay twice. You're better of saving up and paying for the one you realy want, rather than trying to find one for a specific budget.

If their cheap, their cheap for a reason. And then you will end up spending your money on fixing problems rather than having fun in a well looked after car.

yeah i get that so I’m looking around a lot its a project so I’m willing to buy low and spend more as long as engine is reasonable knick then I’m up for ideas

Guest kevin.rundell
Cheapest I have ever seen tt's go were about 3.5k but were high mileage and rough, I can't see the point when looking at this sort of car to get one so cheap.

It is cheap for a reason and will more than likely cost you more in the end than getting a good one. Also some may say if you can't afford to spend anymore than 3-4k on buying a tt can you afford the running costs?

well thanks for the POV but im sure il be able to run it!:p

AGIAN IF YOU CAN HELP THEN DO???

Guest kevin.rundell
This has to be well worth a look. A uk spec with quite low miles under £5k, looks tatty in places but still cheap enough to make it worth tidying.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201014356241466/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/supra/make/toyota/postcode/ip29ps/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/page/4?logcode=p

NICE, like it , am back on 15ht and already called to view it would be a good start thanks for all the help and the time you took to look, cheers mate:)