The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential Buyer!

Guest Bananaman

Guest Bananaman

Hey Guys, thought i'd better post a quick thread saying hello before i ask some daft questions!!

I've never even been inside a supra but Ive wanted one for a couple of years now. I recently sold my RX8 and bought a little corsa whilst I sort out my first house!!

Im just in the process of doing some research into supra's before i actually start going to look at them. It would appear that a company called boyz toyz are the biggest retailer of supras in the UK, has anyone had any dealings with them? How are they?

I know I want a twin turbo supra and hopefully in a couple of months i shall take the plunge!! So... Hi all and hopefully there will be a pic of the old car somewhere in this!!

DSC00634.jpg

Im just in the process of doing some research into supra's before i actually start going to look at them. It would appear that a company called boyz toyz are the biggest retailer of supras in the UK, has anyone had any dealings with them? How are they?

I know I want a twin turbo supra and hopefully in a couple of months i shall take the plunge!! So... Hi all and hopefully there will be a pic of the old car somewhere in this!!

Without getting into particulars a dealer is only as good as his stock ie some of their cars will be great some a little rougher but presented well...............the biggest thing for me is that they are all uk sourced cars (boyz toys are not as far as I know involved in actually importing j-spec cars), ie from the trade or cars from private buyers (even straight off autotrader/ebay) and then tidied up if required, valeted and put up for resale.

I spose what i'm saying is I would buy from here, autotrader, pistonheads or ebay where some good value cars come up for sale.

Another High Wycombe thread, are these threads just a setup to get a response? Never had this sort of interest with other traders over the years.

If you are genuine then do a search on this forum with that company name ;)

Edit: Quote from another thread:

' The members of this forum are not at liberty to discuss the trading standards of said company due to legal action threatened against the club in recent times if I'm not mistaken.'

Edited by Paul (see edit history)

Guest Bananaman

Sorry about mentioning Boyz Toyz lol!! I had only mentioned them as they do boast in their site that they are the largest UK retailer. Oh well, I said id ask some stupid questions didn't I.

imi - yeah I have noticed in the past that many of the best kept cars are for sale via that specific cars forum... (that takes me back to my first car... the corsa b sri!

Dnk - I definitely want a TT, ideally with subtle modifications or standard so that i can add my own personal aftermarket "taste" to it. I love the idea of the single turbo conversion but that would be something that came a couple of years down the line.

Guest Robinsharp
The only trader I would use is JM Imports. I would be worried about anyone who spams Pistonheads like some do.......:rolleyes:

H.

Please explain?? I've been to see them (Boyz Toyz)

What's wrong with them??

And why is JM Imports the only trader you will use??

Thanks.

What's wrong with them??

Thanks.

nothing really wrong with them, I'd personally not be so strict as Havard but just go and see any car I fancied and judge it on it's own merit...........dealers rarely have the cars long and it's pretty immaterial who is selling it IMO as it's the other owners that had it for over a decade that matter more but you rarely get to find out about those......I prefer to avoid dealers altogether but that's just to save some money :)

JM-imports are great if you want a specific spec car, a fresh import and/or piece of mind it will be a good one.

Guest Robinsharp
nothing really wrong with them, I'd personally not be so strict as Havard but just go and see any car I fancied and judge it on it's own merit...........dealers rarely have the cars long and it's pretty immaterial who is selling it IMO as it's the other owners that had it for over a decade that matter more but you rarely get to find out about those......I prefer to avoid dealers altogether but that's just to save some money :)

JM-imports are great if you want a specific spec car, a fresh import and/or piece of mind it will be a good one.

Ok thank you for the quick answer.

What's wrong with them??

Thanks.

It's about reputation and trust I suppose.

Nothing winds me up more than going on pistonheads and seeing the first ten or fifteen supes up for sale with the same company. I don't know why but it does. I suppose after 4 years of being on here most day and talking to people in the game, you learn where to go and where not to.

Personally I would take my chances on a private sale rather than use those type of traders.

H.

Guest Robinsharp
It's about reputation and trust I suppose.

Nothing winds me up more than going on pistonheads and seeing the first ten or fifteen supes up for sale with the same company. I don't know why but it does. I suppose after 4 years of being on here most day and talking to people in the game, you learn where to go and where not to.

Personally I would take my chances on a private sale rather than use those type of traders.

H.

Hi thanks for the reply, I understand so you don't like these traders because they advertise on PH top page!!!

Ok.

Thanks

I'm afraid the discussion about Boys Toyz is over.

Please read this thread to understand why

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=208654

We cannot recommend you buy from them as if you have any problems with the car or their service you would not be able to ask for assistance on here due to the fact that they may take offence and threaten to sue us.

JM Imports are a known quantity, they have sold many supras to owners on here and I trust them more than a company that threatens legal action when their adverts or service is criticised.