The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Body kit fitting

Ian R

I'm looking at buying a Veilside C1 body kit it consists of:

2 piece front bumper

sideskirts

spoiler

and rear spats.

Is apparently good quality but sid skirts require a little trimming.

I guy I know has quoted me £800 to fit and spray (silver), he is a quality fitter and does all of local VW Audi accident repair.

Now my question is .. Is this a good price or can I expect to get it cheaper else where

Originally posted by Ian R

I'm looking at buying a Veilside C1 body kit it consists of:

2 piece front bumper

sideskirts

spoiler

and rear spats.

Is apparently good quality but sid skirts require a little trimming.

I guy I know has quoted me £800 to fit and spray (silver), he is a quality fitter and does all of local VW Audi accident repair.

Now my question is .. Is this a good price or can I expect to get it cheaper else where

If a two piece it is likely to be a C2 kit and not a C1

If you are being warned about 'some trimming' now - I guarantee you it will be a nightmare - and get a 'fixed price' job for it. That's if it fits under the door - in which case you can scrap the thing!

Also - rear spoiler - check if the aerial goes through the hole?

Dude has got an appalling rear TRD spoiler at his place at the mo - its shocking quality!

:(

Originally posted by Paul E

If a two piece it is likely to be a C2 kit and not a C1

If you are being warned about 'some trimming' now - I guarantee you it will be a nightmare - and get a 'fixed price' job for it. That's if it fits under the door - in which case you can scrap the thing!

Also - rear spoiler - check if the aerial goes through the hole?

Dude has got an appalling rear TRD spoiler at his place at the mo - its shocking quality!

:(

Yep your right it is a c2 kit they say the side skirts need 2mm of trimming to get a near perfect fit

Originally posted by Ian R

Yep your right it is a c2 kit they say the side skirts need 2mm of trimming to get a near perfect fit

Thats nothing mate - you could expect that from any mould

May I suggest that you get a fixed price anyway - in case of 'unexpected' problems that might come up - then the onus is on them!

:thumbs:

Ian might be worth posting up price for the kit you are getting as in my experience the kits on here tend to go for cheaper than other places.Even if its the same price at least you know if you get it from here its the real deal and tried and tested by club members:thumbs:

Originally posted by far

Ian might be worth posting up price for the kit you are getting as in my experience the kits on here tend to go for cheaper than other places.Even if its the same price at least you know if you get it from here its the real deal and tried and tested by club members:thumbs:

Thats awfully personal.