The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamie P Supra Detail...

Stonkin

Its been a long day and shattered, have copied from detailing world, so excuse the way its written :)

Hi,

I was asked to prepare this Supra belonging to a fellow club member, for our club day at SantaPod coming soon. I last detailed this car on valentines day last year and since then it has undergone lots more changes and been part of several special events and magazine shoots.

Today was an extremely hot day working outside under a gazebo and with one day to work with meant i could not get lots of photos as i really needed to crack on. There were lots of other bits i would have loved to do but the primary objective was the paintwork.

This was the car on arrival. The drag rear wheels fitted, especially for SantaPod, with street legal tyres. With not far off 1000bhp, this car and the owner, are not messing about :)

It had already been washed a couple of days before i arrived and kept under cover, so after a wipe down with last touch, i checked the paint under sunlight and led light

It was then clayed, with not to much contamination

The wheels were sprayed with bilberry and aggitated with brushes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took some paint thickness readings, some panels of the car had been resprayed just before doing the car last year

Most of the car was taped up ready for machining and the rest done when required

I used the makita rotary, menzerna 106fa, 3m polishing pad, 3m small polishing pad, sonus small polishing pad

Moving round to the driver door

Sadly these were the last pics i got. The car was completed at 9pm and put under cover. I'm sure the owner will take some pics which i will upload once it comes out to play :)

Endurance tyre gel was applied along with poorboys wheel sealant. It was finished off with victoria concourse wax. It looked stunning :)

Hope you enjoyed

Christian

Looks great. So are those last pics before or after the wax? I'm giving mine a seeing too soon and wasn't sure whether to use Vics red, Supernatural or FK1000p.

Last pics are before the wax, with lime prime lite applied. I would prefer the vics out of those. The supernatural is great for reflections, the FK very tough, but think the vics quite a deep look. Not that any however wouldnt create a great finish.

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Superb work Christian,

Can I ask when you apply the blue tape to divide the car up, when you remove it what happens to the bit underneath you miss?

Thanks mate.

Once that section is complete, the tape is pulled back and placed about a cm further across than i had gone up to, so the next section contains what was under the tape. The tape is there to help keep work areas the correct size and to get good 50/50's to show what has been achieved. By not breaking the sections up like that you could end up machining parts of the car more than is needed as it would never be accurate to go up to a certain point by eye.

Just how i like to work :)