The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D3 - Good Price or Not

ChrisR

Originally posted by Andyp

big crud imo mate.. I get the 255s for £130 inc fitting

Can give ya a place down here that does them but thats kinda not worth the petrol I don't think... best thing to use in that case is this

Thing is those sizes are Toyota recommended for the Lexus alloys i have bought.

Blackcircle in those sizes are over £700 inc fitting :eek:

I dont mind ordering them for delivery to me cos there is an independant garage who will fit them for me.

Originally posted by Andyp

big crud imo mate.. I get the 255s for £130 inc fitting

Can give ya a place down here that does them but thats kinda not worth the petrol I don't think... best thing to use in that case is this

If thats for 17s you've been done mate. I got 255 40 17 F1's for my liner for 97 each all in (VAT, balanced, fitted)................ :D

Falkens were 85!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers to everyone who replied. I got the F1's from http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ for £574. I couldnt find anywhere that was cheaper. Fitting will be £26 for all four as long as i use one of their approved fitters.

275 Width tyres are purley obscene. Cant wait to get them on the car now however i have to be patient as the brake discs, pads, Goodridge Lines are being fitted before the GS300 aloys go on.

Hi Chris,

When you get them fitted have a word with the fitter before hand and make sure they know you'll be VERY VERY upset if they put a single scratch on those rims. And then stand there and watch them like a hawk while they're doing it.

How gutted would you be if they scratched one after all the hassle you've been through?

Anyway, pull your finger out, SimonB is going to beat you too it at this rate!

Mmmmmmmmmmm grip :D

I might be after 4 275 35 18 for my liner if I sort some new wheels - it'll be almost glued to the road! :innocent: :D

I've normally found Bracknell Tyre and Battery cheaper than the net too!! 111.10 on mytyres for my last 17s, but BT&B were 97 each fitted :D

Originally posted by Jake

Hi Chris,

When you get them fitted have a word with the fitter before hand and make sure they know you'll be VERY VERY upset if they put a single scratch on those rims. And then stand there and watch them like a hawk while they're doing it.

How gutted would you be if they scratched one after all the hassle you've been through?

Anyway, pull your finger out, SimonB is going to beat you too it at this rate!

Tell me about it, if i could fit them myself i would. Dont suppose a few spoons would lever them on. They scratch them and they will be for it.

I had a feeling Simon would beat me. I think it will be 3 weeks until they are on as the Celica has more urgent work to be completed. I will at least get the tyres fitted next week though.

Originally posted by HISUPE

Mmmmmmmmmmm grip :D

I might be after 4 275 35 18 for my liner if I sort some new wheels - it'll be almost glued to the road! :innocent: :D

I've normally found Bracknell Tyre and Battery cheaper than the net too!! 111.10 on mytyres for my last 17s, but BT&B were 97 each fitted :D

Thats very good prices Neil. I still think i got a good deal and i havnt had to travel to get them.

I just wonder what some people are paying for tyres in the high street. Way too much me thinks.

Originally posted by ChrisR

Thats very good prices Neil. I still think i got a good deal and i havnt had to travel to get them.

I just wonder what some people are paying for tyres in the high street. Way too much me thinks.

I think you got a good deal too considering they are 18's :D

As for the high street - well Humphries in Bracknell wanted 130+ for the same size/make tyre I got for 97. Rip off merchants, "They'd do me a deal if I got 4" LOL! Its like insurance, you really have to shop around, there must be so many getting ripped off by the chain places as they'll just pay up and not double check :rolleyes:

Hee hee! Mine are going on this afternoon hopefully :p. Micheldever tyres where I normally go wanted £613, the local place £628 so I just got the local place to get some in. It'd cost me more in petrol to get to Micheldever. Couldn't be arsed with getting them delivered and fitted separately.

I'd say that's good...

I can't remember my tyre size ... but it's 17" alloys anyway.

I was quoted £575

Originally posted by ChrisR

Does this seem like a good price -:

Goodyear EAGLE F1 245/40/18 - £129.20

Goodyear EAGLE F1 275/35/18 - £159.10

Basically 2 of each plus fitting comes to £600.60

Is that reasonable.