The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Past a joke now!

swich

Doing a rear bearing, got the whole thing off the car, but with the disc still attached.

I've done the two screws in the holes, cant find the self adjuster, but have got the pins out the back without breaking them.

However the disc still won't come off, if it were still on the car, it would be the top part of the disc that seems to be held on hard.

Any ideas?

Mine was stuck like s*it to a blanket. Have you got the propper jacking screws or just using what you have lying around? No amount of whacking it with a mallet would shift it for me, the jacking screws finally did the job and gave a massive bang when it finally came off.

The adjuster is at the bottom, I had to use a small pen torch to find it.

I'd unwind the adjuster at the bottom! How did you manage to get the handbrake shoe pins out without taking the disc off anyhow? You'll probably find the pin seat on the spring is knackered now!

Just unwind the adjusters and use a copper hammer to tap off, you may find the handbrake is seized onto the inner part of the disc so use a hammer and gently tap the bell of the discs!

From what i understand, if i've taken the two pins out, the shoes should come off with the disc, sound right?

There's still retainers on the bacplate that keeps the shoes in place, they'll probably be caught on them.

I'd unwind the adjuster at the bottom! How did you manage to get the handbrake shoe pins out without taking the disc off anyhow? You'll probably find the pin seat on the spring is knackered now!

Nothing wrong with the pin seat, used the whole in the disc, puched down and from the back, turned the pin.

If you look at the hole there is a little wheel that looks like a cog. You turn the wheel using a flat bladed screwdriver. I can't remember which way to turn it.

You basically move the screwdriver in a levering motion. To turn the wheel clockwise (viewing from rear) you put the blade in pointing upwards then lever it downwards to turn the wheel.

It's very difficult to explain, have a good look with a torch and it will be obvious :)

Are you sure that isn't the pin there Darryl? Looks like the cup of the holder etc. The shoes are half moon shaped, you can see them join at the top. The adjuster is at the bottom (6 o clock) and looks like..... I'll draw it lol....

Excuse the roughness, I'm off to work.

The center is meant to be the cog. As you turn it the threads extend moving the shoes out.

Untitled.jpg