The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JapShow 2010 - 1/4 Mile Winner!

SaqTRD

Hi all!

I was down at the Japshow this weekend with my Supra. I went down on Saturday with a set of BFG Drag Radials to see if I could improve on my 12.8 (On Street Tyres) from SupraPod.

My Supra is a JSpec TT Auto BPU. Still running standard ECU, Turbos at 1.1 bar.

I was so chuffed as I ran a 12.5 @ 109mph! I was also at JapShow on Sunday but didn't run.

When I got home, I checked the Japshow site and it was then that I realised that I was the quickest Class B car over the weekend! http://www.japshow.co.uk/r_jap2010.php

Nice work, well done.

Are you running a piggy back with the stock ecu?

Thought it was one of the better Japshows compared to the others over the past couple of years, really enjoyed it this time and came away thinking it was worth the money this time.

Nice work, well done.

Are you running a piggy back with the stock ecu?

Thought it was one of the better Japshows compared to the others over the past couple of years, really enjoyed it this time and came away thinking it was worth the money this time.

No mate, just standard ECU. NO Piggy back. Just upped the boost, and put a Aeromotive FPR on it.

I agree, it was a really good show this year!

Well done mate, what size tyres did you go with?

Still more to come from that if you get them 60fts down a bit more.

Thanks Jamie!

I ran 15x10 tyres (BFG Street Radials) with a 15x8 wheel. I couldn't believe it didnt rub at all!

Has anyone had any experience with the BFG Tyres? They are street legal. Do you think it would be worth getting pure drag slicks?

Yeah I thought they were great tyres. I Ran them with 12psi first and was getting shocking times like 13.1's. I think my car doesn't have enough torque so it had no power as I pulled away.

I put the pressures up to 20psi and thats when I started breaking into the 12's.

My car normally boosts at 1.2 bar on the streets but because it was so hot on Saturday, I was only making 1bar. I think I may need a FMIC as i'm currently running the stock side mount.

Oh Yeah it still has the first Cat in place too. Have got the decat but didn't get a chance to fit it. Will fit it for SupraPod.

Cheers man thanks for the compliment :thumbs:, that would be much appreciated with the pics and vids, I've got a couple of pics of it and no videos so that really would be spot on.

It was good of your cousin to grab my slips that day as well, give him my thanks again :)

Thanks Jamie!

I ran 15x10 tyres (BFG Street Radials) with a 15x8 wheel. I couldn't believe it didnt rub at all!

Has anyone had any experience with the BFG Tyres? They are street legal. Do you think it would be worth getting pure drag slicks?

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/SaqTRD/_F4M1288.jpg

how hard was it for you to find the rear wheels & tyres are they very expensive,think i may need to invest in some i realy struggled to get mine of the line sunday

how hard was it for you to find the rear wheels & tyres are they very expensive,think i may need to invest in some i realy struggled to get mine of the line sunday

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I got really lucky with the tyres and wheels. I found a cheap seat on ebay ready to fit for 250 delivered.

Heres a few pics of the wheels: -

nice pics mate and well done again, tyres took a hammering i see

Thanks dude!

Yeah those tyres took a spanking! LOL! Just about have enough tread left for Suprapod!

Quick question, I was wondering what peoples opinions were with regards to FMIC's. Do you think it'll make a big difference on my car? Do you think its worth getting to go even quicker at SupraPod?

Saq